Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Your wrong there Colin the Airfix Sackleton has real fit issues check out my thread. Do you think between the two kits we could make a half decent one. By the way yours is looking very good.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Your wrong there Colin the Airfix Sackleton has real fit issues check out my thread. Do you think between the two kits we could make a half decent one. By the way yours is looking very good.
You disappoint me Vaughan. I've never had any trouble with new tool Airfix. What has happened, have the manufacturers taken their eye off the ball ? The quality issues we're having with new tool kits is quite disappointing.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well this isn't much of an update. but as I'm waiting for the parts from Revell, I'm having a go at building lots of sub assemblies instead. So, look, propellers, loads of them.

The red - white - red tips are not catered for in the decal department, it's all down to you to spray - mask - spray - mask - spray. Just the black to do now, then I can build the engines.

Lots of prop's.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Well this isn't much of an update. but as I'm waiting for the parts from Revell, I'm having a go at building lots of sub assemblies instead. So, look, propellers, loads of them.
The red - white - red tips are not catered for in the decal department, it's all down to you to spray - mask - spray - mask - spray. Just the black to do now, then I can build the engines.

View attachment 153064
It looks like your starting a wind farm Colin

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Colin you might find that the fuselage required putty along the entire seam? I've had to do this

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Colin you might find that the fuselage required putty along the entire seam? I've had to do this
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....................................well it'll look nice when it's done.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Saturday is big shop day, but look what my lovely post lady had delivered.

Spare parts.JPG

At last, my stalled Shackleton build could continue. So it did, with the instrument panel.

Instrument panel.JPG

Then it was time to start adding some sub assemblies to the fuselage.

pit 1.JPG

Pit 2.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

Finally, after a fair bit of alignment, the fuselage halves went together.

Fuse.JPG

Those windows with the Tamiya tape on - they are the bits that have held my build up for so long. They have to be fitted from the inside.

Doors.JPG

Then, the bomb bay doors. Revell say these can be positioned closed, well they can, but only after a lot of work. It would have been much easier to leave them open.

Right then, lots more glazing to mask up..................not a nice job.

Last edited by a moderator:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I though you said, a very nice post, Lady Colin !!

F

Fenlander

Good to see this back on track. One day, you will be sat there contemplating your model builds and you will look over to the Shackleton and with a gentle smile think 'I built that'.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Good to see this back on track. One day, you will be sat there contemplating your model builds and you will look over to the Shackleton and with a gentle smile think 'I built that'.
Followed by a quick "Never again"

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Looking good Colin, glad to see those parts turnt up safe. I had to wait about 2 months for clear parts from Dragon last year!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Glad its back on track lady colin, i hope this kit starts behaving itself now and gives you a bit of relief

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It's great to see some more progress on this Colin. Super looking interior.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Looking good!!

Keep up the great work!!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks Gentlemen for having a look.

\ said:
Nice work going into the cockpit.
This is down to Eduard. They do a nice cockpit improvement bit of PE.

\ said:
I had to wait about 2 months for clear parts from Dragon last year!
Revell took over two months from my initial email, which I think had been overlooked / forgotten about.

\ said:
Super looking interior.
Thanks Joe. Eduard again ! As PE goes, it's not too bad.

\ said:
i hope this kit starts behaving itself
Well now, behave. It's actually going alright. The fuselage went together ok, a bit of filler on the seems was required. All the glazing fitted well, yes a pain to mask, but hey., not the kit's fault. The wings were a good fit, with a tiny gap to fill, easily done with a water based filler. And here it is. Finally, it looks like a Shackleton.

Wngs.JPG