Revells 1/12 mustang gt 500

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Cellulose only reacts with enamel if you are spraying cellulose ontop of dry enamel. Enamel can be used with cellulose but only if the cellulose is dry first. I used cellulose on this door and enamel on top for the rusty effect door.
Thanks Marc, I've made a physical note of the above for future reference. :smiling3: :cool:

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi all lots done on this, although it dosn't look like it (mostly taking apart what I did before and repainting in new colours,think I've sorted the body
paintwork out.

View attachment 137235

View attachment 137236

View attachment 137237

View attachment 137238

View attachment 137239

View attachment 137240

View attachment 137241

View attachment 137242

View attachment 137243
Looking good Ken, keep going Mate.

P.S I've managed to save the Ferrari shell its all painted (going to call it Joseph, it's had so many different coats:confused:). Spent the day in the spray shop, managed to get my 59 impala painted, my 66 mustang fastback and my charity shop special purchase the Ferrari Enzo which is now painted in titanium metallic (need to get hold of some decals).

Will post pics of the shells tomorrow hopefully.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Nice recovery on the paintwork Ken and the conversion.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
Yes ken you out did yourself again nice recovery paint work:D

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well since the citroen is now probably bin fodder I thought I better get on with this (plus christmas is round the corner) (actually I think I ought to give up modelling, I'm obviously crap at it)

I know the canvas bit looks as though it dosn't fit but when taped in it all fits

makes no difference anyway I'm getting fed up of always ruining models.

DSC_0286.JPG

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0289.JPG

DSC_0290.JPG

DSC_0291.JPG

DSC_0292.JPG

DSC_0293.JPG

DSC_0294.JPG

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Hi all well since the citroen is now probably bin fodder I thought I better get on with this (plus christmas is round the corner) (actually I think I ought to give up modelling, I'm obviously crap at it)
I know the canvas bit looks as though it dosn't fit but when taped in it all fits

makes no difference anyway I'm getting fed up of always ruining models.

View attachment 138705 View attachment 138706 View attachment 138707 View attachment 138708 View attachment 138709 View attachment 138710 View attachment 138711 View attachment 138712 View attachment 138713
.....I think I must have missed something Ken. What's that about the Citroen being bin fodder"????

D

Deleted member 3568

I sprayed the Citroen with Halfords microfiller primer then with Halfords primer and finally with Halfords gloss black which reacted with the (primer/ microfiller primer) and ruined the paint job (not posted on the Citroen thread as I'm truly pis------ off, it's not just this kit, I can't seem to do anything right at the moment)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
I sprayed the Citroen with Halfords microfiller primer then with Halfords primer and finally with Halfords gloss black which reacted with the (primer/ microfiller primer) and ruined the paint job (not posted on the Citroen thread as I'm truly pis------ off, it's not just this kit, I can't seem to do anything right at the moment)
Sorry to hear that Ken. When that happens it`s a real downer. Take a break....... Do something else, read a book or some such then go back and attack the bigger with a vengeance. :smiling3:

First Name
Marc
It's easy to get bogged down. I started the bmf on the 300sl and it wasn't going as well as I hoped. So I have taken a break from it for a while and will finish it when I really want to.

At the end of the day, if you feel yourself getting bogged down with' getting it finished' and becoming obsessive with it 'not going right' you need to take a break as the whole point of this hobby is for the personal enjoyment of the kit and not anything else really

First Name
Dave
I'm with Marc on this, I was doing bmf on a Mustang fastback, just didn't want to go right, lost my rag and binned the bugga, not great because I binned the Chevy Impala too because of a cocked up paint job. It happens to all of us, thing is the bigger the model and the bigger the cost of the model the bigger the magnitude of failure seems, you think yourself a failure, but your not the failure it's the product or the process, not you.......and thinking you're crap at things is wrong on two counts me old mucker.........firstly, look at all the great builds you've done and the innovations you have come up with that have also helped other modellers here.......but also thinking you're crap at what you do is just that.......it's a thought, it's not fact, just thoughts..............change your mind my friend, change your thoughts............you're great at what you do, you keep on keeping on. I'm behind you all the way with your projects, as I'm sure we all are.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for the pep talk guys, guess what, I've fu"@ up the paint on this now, wasn't happy with the paint job so thought I would give it another coat, well that bugger's reacted as well now I have to strip it again, on the plus side I think I've sorted the Citroen, it's never going to be a great paint job, but for an old jalopy(which is the effect I'm going for ) I think it will work.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I wont be giving this to my daughter. I will be glueing it together to finish it but after the third stripping and respray (must be something in the grey primer (its the only thing I cant get off (Ive used oven cleaner, break fluid, nitromors)))

HHIdnue.jpg

wWLNTZM.jpg

tOhexbZ.jpg

X0AYV36.jpg

UwRGHLh.jpg

Syf1Out.jpg

2tiKhGK.jpg

The missus says dont be such a perfectionist she wont notice, you all know what I say to that.

First Name
Marc
Why are you trying to strip it? Sand it down with 400 grit Get a new 'key' apply filler to the flaws and then sand with 600 grit. Repeat until smooth and go up to 1000 grit.

Go on with filler primer and sand with 1500 grit do another coat again and sand with 3000 grit. Lay on a white primer Base and lap with 6000 and you should be able to do your topcoat and clearcoat after that.

D

dougie

That's where I went wrong with the ferrari. A sanding would have worked better. Coming along nicely though

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
nice work ken keep it up, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY YEAH :D :p:D:p:D:p