Savoia-Marchetti S.M.79-II Sparviero 1/48 Trumpeter

T

treyzx10r

I've never modelled an Italian aircraft and thought this would be a nice subject to dive in to. The kit is super clean with hardly any flash and the detail looks really crisp. I did score some Sky decals and some Eduard interior upgrades other than that it will be oob.

I did a dry fit of the basic airframe and the fit appears to be very nice, might just need a tad of filler .

There are however a lot of injector pin marks on the interior side

Tackled the bulk of them with a lot of tedious sanding and filled in the missing detail with some MMD Green squadron putty

I've got some final sanding to do then will paint the interior. From what pics Ive gotten it appears to be a light O.D. green in the office area and light grey aft in the cargo /waist gunner area. If anybody has any input on the interior I'm all ears and eyes thanks

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm afraid I know next to nothing about Italian aircraft but it's interesting to see that you find the kits construction and engineering to be good. Accuracy issues aside,an in this case I have no idea how good or bad the kit is,it seems to me that Trumpeter are stepping up their game.

It looks like a nice scheme,looking forward to seeing that.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Dave
I've been thinking about buying this one.Made the Airfix 1/72 in my youth.Apparently it was a very effective torpedo attack aircraft in its day.Look forward to seeing this build progress.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
You really like testing yourself with these difficult paint schemes trey!This is going to look amazing, cant wait to see it , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was sitting here the other day wondering who will bite the bullet and do one of the Italian camo jobs.

My guess was right...Look forward to seeing this go to paint. Knowing you Trey it will be great!

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for the votes of confidence everyone hope I can live up to the expectations lol. Just a quick update before I head out to the Moto GP party

I got some pe installed

hope to get some paint in here later today

S

Sky Raider

Wow, loving this build, i can see this is going to be a fantastic job when finished. i love all the added details Trye, looks one hell of a kit.

Keep up the good work.

Andy

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice work so far Trye, i look forward to the rest of build bud.

Have fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Trey. That must be an older Eduard PE set, isn't it all nickel plated these days?

It's going to be good fun painting all that up.

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I can tell this is going to be a good one !

Regards

Colin M......

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Andy,John,Colin. Ian thanks and you're correct this is some old pe actually for the Smer kit. The Smer kit was aweful so I opted for the Trumpeter.

I made some headway on the office still a lot of pe to add in here and some wiring to boot

First Name
Dave
That interior is looking really good.You said you dread rescribing?,well i'm the same when it comes to working with PE parts!.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice work Trey,will much of this be seen in the finished model?

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

thanks Dave I geuss we all have dreaded parts of the hobby. Steve thanks, no not much of any of it will really be seen once its buttoned up. I did flip the control wheels right side up ,just noticed that I goofed on that.

T

treyzx10r

Quick update ,test fit of the office and the mills are painted

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Top job as usual!

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Steve! I made some headway with the mills and as soon as I scratch the rest of the exhaust they 'll be ready for mounting

T

treyzx10r

I had to do a quick test fit just to see it all in one piece

S

Sky Raider

Looking fantastic mate. i've been watching this one very closely.

Great job so far.

Andy