Scania 770s 6X4 Tamiya R/C 1/14

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I put a query up in a local Facebook group and five minute later I got a bunch of straws from our neighbours. Paint now in a jar and gassing off.
Due to a packing error I got two 10ml titanium golds! I wanted a gold leaf as well!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice work on the consoles Ian , could be real .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES very nice WORK Ian an 16 cha T/X can you show a front view of it as i dint think these T/X went that high as i thought my carson 14 CHA was as high as they went an will you have fridge van on the back ? or a open trailer ?
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
YES very nice WORK Ian an 16 cha T/X
Sorry, my bad, it is only 12ch, Memory error. lol Men You can get a radio with upto 32.
AS for a trailer, not to sure yet. Maybe just a flat bed or a pipe trailer.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A comparative slow day to day. A run though of what goes where, if all the lights fit, and do the body parts fit. Dry fit.... meh 99% is screws and bolts, lol.

Here are a few snap shots.
20230725_160845.jpg
All primed and rubbed down with a 6000grit polishing cloth.
20230725_160850.jpg
Did I say that it will be getting lots of lights... And they should all work.... I hope. Just need to figure out where all the ruddy wires go. lol Most of the lights Have to go in now as they are "inside" the panels: Masking tape! Yeah!

20230725_160857.jpg
Wheels, lightbars and bumpers are painted the colour I wanted. Gunmetal and given Matt Varnish.
Who thought the Scammel was a large kit?
20230725_160903.jpg
One for you Chris the R/C unit or T/X if you prefer. Need to find some propper instructions for it, the fold out sheet in the box was very basic.

Some day soon I will be sorting paint out.

C and C welcome
Oh does anyone have a full understanding on what lights are what IRL on a Scania 770.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
COR Ian that is a lovely lookin T/X has it got a ratchit on the left stick ?
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
COR Ian that is a lovely lookin T/X has it got a ratchit on the left stick ?
chrisb
As delivered the left stick does not have centering but there is a dims in the box so it can be fitted. I will fit mine. Experience tells that an RC car/truck/boat which carries on going when you let go the throttle is not always a good idea.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
One step forward....As the saying goes.
Found a few things that could be better under the test fit. So what does one do.... Yep. Take it apart and correct the issue.
In all this there is just one, well two really, fit issues.
The headlamp clusters in the front lower section are aftermarket and the PCB with the LEDs for the side indicators are to close to the side panels that join the front at the step up to the cab. A session with a small file sorted that out.
Then on to the extra lights on the roof and front grill. I was not happy with the way the wires run outside so I drilled holes in the roof directly behind the five spots on the roof and four more into the grill for those mounted there.
Took a punt as to the rear guards could be assembled then fitted. They can. A good thing as now there are only two things to mount and paint and not the 10 that there was!
20230726_155706.jpg
I also started to play with the radio bits to see how they could be placed. Masked off the re installed lights and the cabs windows/skylight. Threw a bit of paint at them.
20230726_155714.jpg
Panels are being mounted up ready for paint. More about that later.
20230726_155725.jpg
Take up a lot of room these RC trucks. lol.

Right then the paint. As said way back the main colour is Tamiya Pale blue Pearl. I want to keep it light so will most likely spray it over silver. The Scania Logo Or the Griffon Will be painted on in a gold of some tone and then the Pearl over the top of everything,
Hopefully the Gold on silver will give the Pale blue pearl a hue dark enough to be able to see it.
Sound like a plan?

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Right then the paint. As said way back the main colour is Tamiya Pale blue Pearl. I want to keep it light so will most likely spray it over silver. The Scania Logo Or the Griffon Will be painted on in a gold of some tone and then the Pearl over the top of everything,
Hopefully the Gold on silver will give the Pale blue pearl a hue dark enough to be able to see it.
Sound like a plan?
I'd want to do a test run first but it certainly sounds like it'll work, if the blue is fairly transparent.

That room is starting to look like my shed with stuff scattered everywhere. :smiling5:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Great looking build so far Ian. I did consider this one for the truck build after seeing one built on YouTube but it was way too big and would probably take me a year to finish I’ll join the watchers

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'd want to do a test run first but it certainly sounds like it'll work, if the blue is fairly transparent.

That room is starting to look like my shed with stuff scattered everywhere. :smiling5:
I'll do a test first on a bit of primed Card with a few alternative base coat combo's.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That TX is proving to be a right pain to program Miss the good old days of plug it in turn it on and off you go.
My head hurts!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WHATS THE PROB Ian are you havin probs tryin to line up the T/X with the R/X ?
CHRISB

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
No that was easy. It's programming which channel does what.
WELL cant help you there Ian as im not very good on my R/C as before i bought my carsons i asked the model shop to line up the R/X with the T/X an they did an it goes great