Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just a situation update.
Did some more cable management this afternoon and had to add 10 cm to all the wires from the cab lighting to enable the tilt mechanism to work.
Glad to report the operation went well and the patient survived!
Next up... the spaghetti from the front headlights. And the back. There are A LOT of wires lol.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Had to do a bit of wiring today. Some of them came up short, so had to lengthen them.
20231107_111857.jpg
I had hoped to get all the cab lights into one multi plug then get the rear lights and a connector for a trailer (long way off).
I have, or rather HAD two connectors, until some twat ran one over with the office stole and squished the plug. There are about four groups to go in yet for the headlights, spots, sidelights and fog lights... Off to order a new connector!
Dont be shy, comments are more than welcome.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Had to do a bit of wiring today. Some of them came up short, so had to lengthen them.
View attachment 494840
I had hoped to get all the cab lights into one multi plug then get the rear lights and a connector for a trailer (long way off).
I have, or rather HAD two connectors, until some twat ran one over with the office stole and squished the plug. There are about four groups to go in yet for the headlights, spots, sidelights and fog lights... Off to order a new connector!
Dont be shy, comments are more than welcome.
Ian this is just like my Tiger wirein LOVELY plenty of lights workin an wires brilliant sir keep it comin what type of trailer will be on it eg 40 ft reffer van or 40ft flat bed traiiler or a a tanker ? an im followin
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That reminds me of real truck wiring lol lovely work Ian, steady nerves lol
Thanks Bob. I'm pretty sure there is a bit more room in a real one though... lol
what type of trailer will be on it eg 40 ft reffer van or 40ft flat bed traiiler or a a tanker ? an im followin
When I can find one to a fair price It will be a flat bed or a low loader. You can move just about anything with one of those.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Todays installment was the rear lights.
Happy to say I got those sorted and working (nope still only on a 6v test battery so not yet befor you ask Chris). Did have a bit of a sweat on when none of them worked. A coffee and a sandwich later I figured it out....I had forgot to connect the feed wire! lol
So now all the lights are wired up and just need plugging in.
I even found a repair for the connector I buggered yesterday. However that will have to be the next bite of this elephant!

20231108_140033.jpg
So all this lot needs plugging in to a quick connector or two then its just the servo leads and the receiver that need somewhere to live!

20231108_140343.jpg
And the cab still goes down and stays in the latches!!! Bonus!

Cheers

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Todays installment was the rear lights.
Happy to say I got those sorted and working (nope still only on a 6v test battery so not yet befor you ask Chris). Did have a bit of a sweat on when none of them worked. A coffee and a sandwich later I figured it out....I had forgot to connect the feed wire! lol
So now all the lights are wired up and just need plugging in.
I even found a repair for the connector I buggered yesterday. However that will have to be the next bite of this elephant!

View attachment 494948
So all this lot needs plugging in to a quick connector or two then its just the servo leads and the receiver that need somewhere to live!

View attachment 494949
And the cab still goes down and stays in the latches!!! Bonus!

Cheers
GOD Ian an i thought i had a lot of wires to try an fit in a small space but you seem to have more than me in my tiger an yes its horrible when you wire it all up an switch on a nothin works i pull my hair out in frustration lol an yes just like you i had forggoten to connect up the main esc to the R/X PLUG Aaaacccrrrrr MAKES the the ole heart pump a bit faster dosent it
but you are doin great Ian keep it comin
Chrisb

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Playin' ketchup, Ian and it appears you want to open your own Italian restaurant with all that spaghetti you're dealing with. Seriously though, I take it the light kits for it were generic and not Tamiya kit specific. A shame you have to extend so many of the wires to allow the cab to tilt forward. I hope the rest of it goes much better for you. This will be one heck of a build when it's done and working, Boss!!!

Prost
Allen

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Playin' ketchup, Ian and it appears you want to open your own Italian restaurant with all that spaghetti you're dealing with. Seriously though, I take it the light kits for it were generic and not Tamiya kit specific. A shame you have to extend so many of the wires to allow the cab to tilt forward. I hope the rest of it goes much better for you. This will be one heck of a build when it's done and working, Boss!!!

Prost
Allen
The lights are not made by Tamiya, but they are made for the model, if you know what I mean. You are left to you own devices as to how to run the wires. One size fits all they are not.
Next time I will cut them off about 5cm and sort things out 'hidden' from view.
Cheers

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I figured they were AM sets, but didn't know if they were for the Tamiya kits. You have done a great job if you can close the cab back onto the frame, Ian......One can't see a trace of them either. All those wires do tend to boggle the mind though. Have you figured out all the programming on your transmitter for it yet??? That has to be a lot of fun to do too!!!...

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
20231108_140033.jpg

So all this lot needs plugging in ...,
Thought I'd stumbled onto a Jamie Oliver spaghetti bolognese recipe!

Really impressive work. Glad that it all fits and the cab clicks in place.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well bugger!
Having put all the wires in the connectors and mounted said connectors, the cabin could not close.... so...
20231109_164654.jpg
Took the wire snips to it, dismantled half the truck and started again. There where far too many wires inside the cab.
I made a new loom from both the rear and the headlight clusters also the indicators and marker lights. This also allowed me to re route the wires UNDER and around the cab flooring! So now about half the wires, better placement and LONGER.
The thinner gauge wires by the 'bumper' are yet to be paired and reduced down to one wire. The thicker wires coming out of the spiral wrapping are from the other side...erm the right headlamp cluster. Those have now been unwrapped, clipped back to the thinner wires and matched up to the left hand unit.
Needed to stop for today, its 110% concentration.
More tomorrow.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
All I can say Ian, is rather you than me!! This sort of thing scares the $%&%^%$ out of me. Keep up the good work!

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
All I can say Ian, is rather you than me!! This sort of thing scares the $%&%^%$ out of me. Keep up the good work!

Andrew
HI Andrew what scares the **** out of you the wirein ? as thats a challenge that i an ian have taken on as thats what makin a workin model all about an its really great to see when it all works an yes i know i have my problems on my tiger but thats due in my opinion to crap chink eletronics but Ian is on a winner so please dont let a few wires frighten you as this is modeling at its best but this is just my opinion
ATB SIR TO YOU
chrisb