Scotties big Zundapp

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just a quick up date a few more parts built and they along with the engine have received a coat of black. The frame sides have also been cleaned up this took a lot of work as there was a heavy seam line around both sides. They too had a pre shade. There is no photo at the moment but I have added some missing detail to the sidecar drive gearbox and scribed a line showing the separate parts of the gearbox not shown on the casting.

I will move on to another part of the build as I am now waiting for some aluminium paint to arrive for the engine and gearbox.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Scottie,(Dawg :smiling3: ),
.... Gorgeous to watch develop mate,makes me wanna get mine off the shelf....
.... although I won't until everyone's forgotten just how good this one of yours is of course!! ;)
A cracking watch for sure. :smiling3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul
Please stop this outrageous detailing, puts many of us in shame , and some needing medical help .
Thanks John It is a lot easier at this scale, but you also find yourself adding more lol.

Scottie,(Dawg :smiling3: ),
.... Gorgeous to watch develop mate,makes me wanna get mine off the shelf....
.... although I won't until everyone's forgotten just how good this one of yours is of course!! ;)
A cracking watch for sure. :smiling3:
Andy, come on get it down you know you want to lol.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
|While I am waiting for my paint to turn up my fault for not checking earlier I have started on some sub assemblies. To start with the rear mudguard. The guard is hinged to allow for wheel changing/ de-mudding? this was shown on the kit with a raised panel line and badly formed hinge. The joint was scribed in and a new hinge added. Then a nut and bolt were punched and added this was I suspect used to hold the hinged part down. The rear light was added along with the screw details and cable with clamps. Finally screw detail was added to the panier hanger.

DSCF3596.JPG

DSCF3597.JPG

I have also started on the pillion seat but that is clamped up and waiting to dry.

cheers
Scottie

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Very tidy work Paul, the little extras like the hinge & the wrapping on the light cables are awesome.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Beautiful work Scottie. When you're getting results like this it's no wonder you're enjoying it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very tidy work Paul, the little extras like the hinge & the wrapping on the light cables are awesome.
Cheers Graeme, very kind of you to say.

Beautiful work Scottie. When you're getting results like this it's no wonder you're enjoying it.
Jim, Thanks mate it is fun at the moment and that's what this hobby should be about.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The work on the sub assemblies continues. one thing that is very clear is that the mouldings are very tired now. Even having removed the alignment pins the halves do not line up very well and need a lot of fettling. That said though I would rather build something like this than a modern over engineered kit any day.

The first item was the pillion seat. The solid moulded bump stops were removed and new ones made from brass and plastic. next various pins and bolt heads were added.

DSCF3599.JPG

DSCF3600.JPG

Next the silencer was detailed the cast clamp was removed and a new one fashioned from brass with a plastic punched nut. Four pewter screw heads were added to the heat shield. The shield is just dry fitted to allow for painting it still needs a final clean up. Finally the pipe was thinned right down.

DSCF3598.JPG

Finally for now the fuel tank. The locker on the top was detailed the flange was removed as it was far to thick and a new one cut and added. the lip around the lid was the same so replaced then a lock was added it still needs a final clean up. Then lastly the fuel cap had the edge serrated.

DSCF3601.JPG

Hope your not bored whitless
Scottie