Scotties big Zundapp

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well Paul, with all this finery going on, this is going to a pretty long build. Well worth doing in the dark winter months. Great scratchy Bro and please give Neil a sandwich or something before he eats the jerrycans. I think he's hungry.............

Prost

Allen
Hi Dude, yes this one will take a while but enjoying myself at the moment. I better have a look to see what I can find for him to nibble on.
Splendid work Scottie.

Andy.
Very kind of you Andy cheers.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie ,i got my mate Arthur on the phone, as your making such a lovely job on this he wants to know if he can take he's missus for a spin when your done!View attachment 469359
Ha ha that brings back some memories. I might have to stiffen the suspension a bit tho lol.

Excellent stuff mate. Just excellent.
Dale, Thanks mate appreciate the kind words.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not a lot of time at the bench, but I did replace the tie downs for the rain cover on the side car the original ones were to large both in size and wire gauge so I have redone them. I will post a picture later of the new ones which I think look a lot better.

Work has continued on the side car chassis with some bolt detail added to the mud guard. The side lights had the gaskets added from thin sheet they are hard to see in the pictures. Finally the wiring to the lights was added. The cables were made by wrapping 2mm tamyia masking tape round some fine picture wire to represent the insulation with pewter cable clips.

DSCF3582.JPG

DSCF3581.JPG

I need to tidy up the mud guard bracket.

DSCF3583.JPG

cheers
Scottie

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Paul, very nice of Ben to make those cans for you. Typical of the guys on this site .
Brilliant work as usual , in fact more impressive with each update .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very tidy. :thumb2:
Thanks Rik, happy your looking in.
Hi Paul, very nice of Ben to make those cans for you. Typical of the guys on this site .
Brilliant work as usual , in fact more impressive with each update .
Thanks John, and you are so right a great bunch of people.
Better and better Scottie. Every improvement you make adds to the overall look.
Thanks Jim, it is easier at this scale but by the same token more has to be added :smiling: :smiling:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
As mentioned earlier I have replaced the tie downs for the rain cover as the first ones were far to big and overscale.

DSCF3585.JPG

I think you will agree they look a lot better.

Work has started on the engine. My references show slots cut into the top cover so thought I would have a go at replicating them. The oil pipe was replaced with wire and the filler nuts punched from plastic.

DSCF3584.JPG

cheers
Scottie

The cover is just tacked on at the moment.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
My reference pictures show the gearbox as a separate casting but the engine moulding doesn't show it so I scribed in the joint and added the missing bolt details. Next the battery tray was fabricated from brass sheet and the clamp from copper wire and evergreen rod. Not 100% happy with the battery tray so I will probably redo it.

DSCF3587.JPG

DSCF3588.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Paul just caught up on the build - magnificent work.
And you say it is to 1/144 scale.....
Seriously well done on all the details and agreed with the tie downs, the second lot look more in scale...
Cheers
Mike.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul just caught up on the build - magnificent work.
And you say it is to 1/144 scale.....
Seriously well done on all the details and agreed with the tie downs, the second lot look more in scale...
Cheers
Mike.
Cheers Michael I can't even see 144 let alone work on it :smiling: . I agree about the tie downs, I have also re done the battery tray and I am a lot happier with it.