Scotties GMC CCKW 352 1/35

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not a great deal done. I did decide to detail one of the benches in the back and have it in the stowed position. this meant that the solid support legs would look very chunky. So with a bit of brass sheet and some punched rivets I replaced them. The other side I will probably use the kit legs as this seat will be down.

DSCF3945.JPG

Getting pretty close now to getting it ready for paint.

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
After a pre shade the Tamyia OD was applied. This was followed with some lighter high lights that do not show very well in the pictures. The load bed received a coat of Valleyo Wood prior to the OD. A coat of hairspray was applied between the coats.

Then everything was sprayed in Klear ready for the next stages.

DSCF3946.JPG

No pioneer tools were included in the kit. So dug through the spares box and created the tool rack which were often mounted on one side of the bonnet or other.

DSCF3947.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
It's all been said already Scottie. Skill, attention to detail and the patience to pull off this super detailing.

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good stuff Scottie.....keep 'em coming. :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Things have progressed a little. Before I start putting the sub assemblies together I have given the undersides of the load bed and chassis a touch of dirt. I don't want it muddy but just showing the build up of dirt over time drying on the dirt roads.

DSCF3953.JPG
DSCF3954.JPG

there is still work to do on the load bed including getting rid of the hair I have just noticed.

DSCF3955.JPG
DSCF3956.JPG

still lots to do but hopefully it's heading in the right direction.

Next more weathering and chipping etc.

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
After a lot or wrestling and swearing I managed to fit all the sub assemblies together. Now it's time to continue adding the small parts, continue the weathering and add a bit of clutter.

Please excuse the terrible photos they are very dark despite the model being placed in my little light cabinet. It all looks very shiny at the moment as the matt coat won't be added until the end.

DSCF3957.JPG

DSCF3958.JPG

DSCF3960.JPG

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Calling this finished. All the clear parts were added. Then wipers and jerry cans with straps made from foil. Thanks to Pete for setting up this group build and being involved with such a great group of modellers.
I decided not to put any CITB and not to get it to dirty. Not a bad kit but you have to look 3 steps forward and even then you may have problems with the fit of it all or it may just of been me.

Sorry a little bit picture heavy but I trust you like the end result.

DSCF3961.JPG

DSCF3962.JPG

DSCF3963.JPG

DSCF3964.JPG

DSCF3965.JPG

DSCF3966.JPG

DSCF3968.JPG

DSCF3970.JPG

DSCF3971.JPG

Finally two pictures of it on a recycled base.

DSCF3972.JPG

DSCF3973.JPG

Thanks to everyone who followed along and commented/liked.

cheers
Scottie

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Love the finish you've achieved on the truck bed and winch cable Scottie. Fabulous build.

Nick

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
OK, how'd you do the cobweb in the driver's doorway? Finishes are amazing.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
A really great result Scottie. When you have already painted sub assemblies to put together at the end of a build it's a fraught, heart stopping time. Glad it went well.