Simon's AEC Militant mkI GS truck. Asam models 1/48

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Hi I thought i had posted this but for whatever reason i can’t locate it!!!!
anyway
boxed model
image.jpg
the parts out of the box
image.jpg

ok there seems to be a lot of lead parts in here and a mass of paperwork around 12 pages some both sides yippee & no assembly instructions:disappointed:

image.jpg
ok looks like fun seems to be plenty of it anyway, i have a bike to finish off first then were away for a week so once i return i will make a start and try and end up with something resembling my brother’s one
IMG-20230619-WA0010.jpegIMG-20230619-WA0004.jpegIMG-20230619-WA0006.jpegIMG-20230619-WA0003.jpeg

Its unlikely but i promise to give it my best shot:rolling:
thanks for looking
simon

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I’m in looks interesting I’ve wanted a few of Allen’s models but there just a little too pricey for me.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Thanks now your all making me nervous!, i will give it my best shot might be a slow one but I have till December and i finished the KR500 last night so all ready to start once i return from holiday a week Friday
simon

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's a lot of parts Simon. Are there any specific issues cleaning up white metal parts.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
That's a lot of parts Simon. Are there any specific issues cleaning up white metal parts.
Not aware of any but i will keep my mask on and work through them with files and knifes dremel if required but its the small items that seem to be the worst i cant see any real problems iv worked with metal all my life holding them might be the only problem
simon