SMER FIAT Cr 32 Freccia in 1/48 ( ish!)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well after real life got in the way and put this and all other builds on the back burner , its now on again !
Finally got the spats and wheels fitted yesterday and also gave the wing a bit of attention . The only rigging on the Cr32 is between the two outer interplane struts , this being done now before the wing goes on . I used bait elastic , coloured silver by running it under a metallic marker pen and glued into holes drilled into the struts . Ive also added the aileron and rudder control linkages using guitar string ( E i think , the thinnest one anyway) .
Poor old Joaquin has now come out from under the masking and the leather cockpit surround has been painted. I had to make the windscreen as it was missing so after several attempts with a card template I cut the screen from some clear acetate . This is now glued and drying and will have the frame sorted later . Not a lot to do now , just attaching the wing and N shaped cabane struts and adding the distinctive bifurcated ( ooh big word ! ) pitots on the wing struts. IMG_3032.jpegIMG_3033.jpegIMG_3034.jpegIMG_3035.jpegIMG_3036.jpegIMG_3038.jpegIMG_3037.jpegIMG_3039.jpeg

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Very nice Tony. Those decals on the tail fin could hardly have been more out of register though!
Pete

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Very nice Tony. Those decals on the tail fin could hardly have been more out of register though!
Pete
Yes they arent exactly crystal clear are they ! Unlike most of the other markings I didnt fancy trying to paint them pete , would have been cross eyed and blue in the face !

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Your Fiat is looking wonderful Tony. Glad you are back at the bench. Hoping for some model time myself soon

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Calling this done now. After a final push its had the wing fitted and the last few bits added . The aileron boosters ( winglets , or whatever theyre called ?) took a fair bit of cleaning up and thinning down and were a tricky fit as they are very fragile. The twin pitots were made from brass tube and fuse wire . Anyways heres a few pics to finish off this build thread , including some with the other one I did years ago . More pics to come on a completed thread . Thanks to all who’ve been watching , cheers tonyIMG_3041.jpegIMG_3042.jpegIMG_3060.jpegIMG_3061.jpegIMG_3062.jpeg