First Name
Jim

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice ! I love the heavy duty ,no nonsense look of Soviet stuff . The Long Tom looks mighty fine too , was that an American gun lend leased to the Russians? I ask because one of the few armour builds Ive done was of the M40 GMC and the gun looks similar , cheers tony

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
love it Jim,once again you have done a superb job ,

the base looks great as well do like the use of the sticks,and stones,

the whole thing is nicely put together,with nice weathering on both, ;)

D

dubster72

One of my hard-to-get great build gongs for you sir!

The complimentary mix of tones & highlights really brings that to life. It's got a sense of realism which is down to your clever dry-brushing technique Jim.

Looking forward to the next in the series.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Nice ruskies, very very nice.

I keep looking at a hobbyboss Russian 1/32 stormovik that my local guy has in his shop. I only have 1/48's in the stash but it does look a beauty!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Agree, the shading and finish is very nice. Great stuff Jim.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Awesome work love it makes me want go grab my soviet stuff out the stash and rip em open.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
One of my hard-to-get great build gongs for you sir!
The complimentary mix of tones & highlights really brings that to life. It's got a sense of realism which is down to your clever dry-brushing technique Jim.

Looking forward to the next in the series.
Thank you so much Patrick:smiling3: Next up ISU 152, a real beast:eek:..............Jim

S

steve scan

Superb Jim, really like the look you achieve on your models and these look superb.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Nice ! I love the heavy duty ,no nonsense look of Soviet stuff . The Long Tom looks mighty fine too , was that an American gun lend leased to the Russians? I ask because one of the few armour builds Ive done was of the M40 GMC and the gun looks similar , cheers tony
Thanks Tony, yes that is the American M59 gun, given not lent to the Rooskis but they did let the North Koreans give them back to us a shell at a time :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Nice ruskies, very very nice.
I keep looking at a hobbyboss Russian 1/32 stormovik that my local guy has in his shop. I only have 1/48's in the stash but it does look a beauty!
View attachment 114664

View attachment 114665

Thanks Phil, these are my only 2 surviving planes left

I built both nearly 30 years ago, love the ww2 Russian fighters and tank busters, a few years back I turned down a boat load of plane models - FREE! - boy do I regret it now:sad:..............Jim:oops:

88164-64ae6d52cdc8eabc027d3c712e3f9db3.jpg

100_3903-jpg.99161.jpg

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Superb Jim, really like the look you achieve on your models and these look superb.
Thanks Steve, am doing a painting and weathering tutorial with a T55, once I get enough to start a thread going I'll post 1st installment. Will have it broken down to a few easy steps so even a newbie can start catching on...............Jim:smiling3: