Stalingrad 1942.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dude 2,
Now that's what the guys are going on about. I love the flat top haircuts too!!! Really John, They are coming along just fine. I'm still too chicken to start figs at all. In fact I owe PDiddy a figure from the AA GB. One day, one day.................
Prost
Allen

Reactions: JR

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
....AHHHH.... we are getting there.... it's really getting to a stunning finish....
John... I'm here front row... super excited...

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks right Marcello it's been a long time .
Nice to see you .
Thanks Dude 1... You must be hot in the suit ! Nearly put the tops on, but realised I couldn't see all the face .I expect you to have as many rocketers!
Greg .... KEEP CALM at all times! Steve is coming round with biscuits and coffee ! Enjoy .
Dzhon

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thought I'd drop in for a look see...ha, the company is ready for action minus their equipment...in this late part of the war the quarter master must be short of supplies. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry Richard, missed you , any way it's time for your beauty sleep .
Yes equipment is scarce, not much on the floor yet
Thanks for looking in .
John

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Figures look great and will bring this to life.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Great stuff John. Looking really good.

Peter.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank Jim and Peter.
John

E

Evan James

Looking good indeed John, These figures are going to bring life to your impressive dio. Flat clear will dull the gloss. Looking forward to seeing this come together.
ev

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking great John
Just last week when I was at the hobby shop bought some old German figs.going out side my comfort zone and try it. I have 2 daughters and they have lots of make up been experimenting with there make-up on some of my figures don’t know how that’s going to go though

D

Daniel Horvath

Figures looking good John ! looking forward to see the pictures from the figures fully completed helmets equipment! They gonna look awesome on the dio! It’s almost completed keep up the good work regards Danny

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think figs are a pain, but worth the discomfort. Mine are in the 1 to 2 foot viewing range.
These will bring your dio to life and justify all the beautiful work you've done on the base & models. PaulE

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
John - coming along nicely.

I remember that set. From a few years ago. if I remember correctly they are not too bad, possibly some of the folds and creaes in the frousers are a little on the soft side when compared to more modern (Dragon) figures but not too bad.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
liking to work on the figures,there looking good so far,well done with them,:thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi I'm Back . !!!
Well nearly.
Thanks Ev.... Flat varnish in stock !
Lee.... Mmm. Interesting to say the least , hope you will post your photos !
Danny .... Cheers mate, now the faces and helmet straps are painted I hope to get the helmets on.
Paul ... Buddy mine look ok at the 3and 6 ft range ! Know what you mean though, get to near when painting , or rather trying to andr become too critical.
Peter.... I liked the poses as soon as I saw them old as they may be, shame there was a lot of seam lines to deal with .
Monika.... Thanks for looking in , getting there as not my favorite task . !
Nearly back as I said, been busy putting up some fence panels , gardening and now painting the foresaid panels.
Glad of the break as found those figures a bit of a bind and lost the mojo ! to carry on . So having nearly a week's break should fire me up to carry on . Will return soon :cool:
John

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi John - Thought this fine weather would see you on garden duties (me too, unfortunately). Hope the mojo is getting re-charged.

Peter.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Yeah Dzohn, but yours are 15' tall. The viewer sees a lot more. Resisting digging in the dirt. Maybe bring home an SUV for her mother's day gift to distract her. PaulE

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Peter ... Yes quite correct, thing is I enjoy it , whereas you undertake under pressure! :sad:
Paul .... :smiling2::smiling2: going back to work as clouds have arrived ! :cool:
John .

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Glad to see you are back... hope to see very soon the diorama :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

D

Deleted member 5819

Good to see you have returned from the deep undergrowth of the back garden Mr Bellamy, a quick brew and back to the bench I think. :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:
Pete.