StDs Clutch of 28mm trucks - Bedfords & AECs

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
so, added the wooden toolbox. It's a 28mm stack of jerrycans, reversed, and a couple of placcy strips added
IMG_1994.JPG

And finally, the tilt cover frames. Fortunately this angle doesn't show how sos-so they're aligned. That's what comes of, having carefully bent them all tho the same shape, drilling the holes fit one way, them the other, and not QUITE matching up. Oh well
IMG_1999.JPG
Subsequently, I've added a steering wheel. They're also now undercoated; grey for this one, black for the 853

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Last stages of the 853 early version.
IMG_1992.JPGIMG_1995.JPG
Also, in one of my (too many!) references I've found a pic showing the chassis without the cab which places the handbrake and gear stick. They'd both be hidden either side of the driver, so maybe on the civvie

And here's all the parts pushed together before undercoat and painting
IMG_1997.JPG
The cab roof was finished with Apoxie two-part putty, which I think has turned out rather well. Never used the stuff before, but it sands as easily as most fillers. Unlike my Miliput, which has just gone completely solid!
IMG_1998.JPG
Replaced the step with brass rod as the moulded on piece is ridiculously fragile, and impossible to clean out without breaking. twice!

So, next is the paint jobs. Just waiting now for some Letraset to turn up

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
The 853 Matador is now complete and finished
IMG_2014.JPG
As usual, my camera pics up a few needed tweaks. Just when you think you're done!

More oictures will be in the Completed Vehicles / Group Builds thread

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Well, I've actually, finally, reached the end of this build, so here's how I've got there
IMG_2147.JPG
Prompted to try Letraset, this was the initial stage with the gold for the lettering on to the grey primer.
Unfortunately, having shelled out for some Letraset sheets, I couldn't get the lettering on right
Then I found some gold vinyl self-adhesive lettering, so I went with that. Cheaper than the old Letraset by far but I have the sheets for later use
Possibly

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
So, this is the rear finished, wheels on and painted all over gloss Madder Red (Gunze)
IMG_2186.JPGIMG_2187.JPG
Had to adjust the alignment of one of the frames to get them to line up, and there was still some weathering and lettering to do at this stage

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
And finally, both Matadors completed together. More pics over in the GB completed thread
IMG_2198.JPG
Large lettering is the Petts vinyl stick-ons, small stuff and number plates hand done. I tried Letraset for the number plates, but that didn't work out as the letters wouldn't remove
I'm done and happy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice results, especially on the lettering. Not at all easy at that scale.