Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Garry
I got lucky, remembered the flower symbol :hugging-face:
Anyway, my question next....
AEB8316F-0DD6-4CC3-BF39-28FC5C00D21A.jpeg

Should be easy....what does this commemorate?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I got lucky, remembered the flower symbol :hugging-face:
That, and the shape of the nose, also made me think “Oka” as soon as I saw it. Then I also saw I had been ninja’d :smiling3:

View attachment 310976

Should be easy....what does this commemorate?
Not a clue. Probably something British that I don’t have the cultural background for to recognise, or at least not from a picture of a statue of a book.

D

Deleted member 6559

It's the High Water Mark memorial on Cemetery Ridge, Gettysburg, commemorating the furthest extent of the Confederate advance.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Correct Peter, your go....
Jakko mate, am I irritating you? Your replies to my last couple of questions seem to be a little acerbic? We’ve had more than a few memorial sculptures and I don’t recal you replying like this to anybody else, and as battles go Gettysburg is pretty bloody famous after all.

D

Deleted member 6559

Would someone else mind taking my go. Got a cold an headache and am gong to bed....

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Jakko mate, am I irritating you? Your replies to my last couple of questions seem to be a little acerbic?
They weren’t intended that way, I assure you. I was just making the observation that I didn’t know/recognise it, and giving the reason why I thought I didn’t. Or were you talking about the ninja’d remark? That’s just internet-speak for “someone replied before I could.”

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Jakko, no probs, I got the ninja remark fine, wondered about the others was all...
Cheers
Tim
PS, the bomb bay looks British judging by the colour...

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The bomb bay of a de Havilland Mosquito. (I didn’t recognise it as such, but the general shape and apparent size made me think of that, and a quick search turns up an almost identical picture of the Mosquito at the RAF Museum.)

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
The bomb bay of a de Havilland Mosquito. (I didn’t recognise it as such, but the general shape and apparent size made me think of that, and a quick search turns up an almost identical picture of the Mosquito at the RAF Museum.)
Well done! As you said, it's this one:
RAF museum, Coventry, Space centre 049.jpg
Too easy really, but Google only showed me pictures of inflatable boats!

Pete