Tamiya 1/32 F-16 (the big box )

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Your patience and skill in applying all those decals and that detail painting does you credit Mick. It will all be worth it in the end.
Thanks Jim, much easier in this scale
Your patience is noted Mick .
Cheers John, nearly all done
Looking great so far, Mick! If you start to get really stressed with the decals, then send them to Tony (yakface) as he's having a sale on decal applications for the Christmas season. 1/2 price for all work sent between now and Dec. 27th.......Just gurgle "Decals 'R Us" for his address...

Prost
Allen
Now there’s a business opportunity

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Last two missiles sorted, a pair of sidewinders, with just two bombs to finish the decal total for the under wing stores just hit three figures
Never seen so much writing on a missile
View attachment 470098
View attachment 470099
WOW Mick that side winder looks real an tbh i think if it was a real missle there would be a lot more writeing but well done very nice job an thats the good thing about a big scale kit you get all these decals to fit on an to me it makes it look more real than ever like on a 1/72 scale model very well done my freind
an hope you had a good one yesterday ps Mick have you removed the maskin from the canopy yet ? as thats what im waiting to see
chrisb

Last edited:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
WOW Mick that side winder looks real an tbh i think if it was a real missle there would be a lot more writeing but well done very nice job an thats the good thing about a big scale kit you get all these decals to fit on an to me it makes it look more real than ever like on a 1/72 scale model very well done my freind
an hope you had a good one yesterday ps Mick have you removed the maskin from the canopy yet ? as thats what im waiting to see
chrisb
Hi Chris, had an enjoyable day yesterday and hope you did too. I’m working with actual pics on this build and to be honest there’s only a couple of minor stencils missing. It won’t be long now until I remove that canopy as it’s a spare from the kit I’ve used while painting

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES THEY do as i'll never forget the very first phantom i saw was more like reading a book there were so many warnins signs on it took me well over a hr to read just some of them writeing everywhere
chrisb

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mick,

Well done for persevering!

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow !

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You must be well pleased Mike, or as one of my Grandsons would say " that's well sick ":anguished:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I looked at the picture before reading your post and thought "What the b****y hell has happened" I imagined some kind of disaster but then read it was Flory Wash :smiling: :thumb2:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking superb now mick, ( well it will be once all that muck is cleaned off ! ) The hundreds of stencils are a grind arent they but once done it really lifts a model to the next level , especially on things like the stores . Nearly there now , top work mate , cheers tony

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Stunning work Mick. And well done with the marathon decal application! Home straight now and I just know this is going to be a special looking piece. Looking forward to the reveal.
Cheers, Paul