Mick
Looks awesome Mick.
Many thanks Lee
YES Mick aggree with Lee it does brilliant moddelleing
chrisb
Cheers Chris
Mick,

That's turned out very nicely indeed!

Very well done. I'm sure the decal manufacturers do it to torture us.

I did 1/72 Airfix Spitfire for the Battle of Britain GB and that had about 60....:fearful::cold-sweat:.

Looking forward to the big reveal!

ATB.

Andrew
Thank you Andrew I think you’re right, but they do look good but they continue to be my nemesis

I hope your good lady is recovering well.
Decals on planes can take a lot of time but add a lot to the build. This is looking great
Thank you Jim and yes getting better by the day so better make the most of my bench time
Bravo. A great result for a difficult finish.
Many thanks Paul
She looks great Mick. As others have said, marbling, it's just weathering re-named. I like it.
Thank you Colin, always good to try something a bit different

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
More work on ordnance today and a pair of AGM88 Harm missiles. Initial decal count was 10 per missile however, three of the decals go all round and slot over the fins. I checked the decals and saw that the cutouts weren’t so needed to be cut to fit. There was also another that also had to slot over two fins. Talk about stressful The decal at the tail end was cut into four sections and the other two in half. So pleased to have got these sorted. Just another 6 missiles and two bombs to go.
2E39DE19-5A3C-495F-B6EF-53D63EBD86F8.jpeg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just had a good catch up with this one Mick,
Fantastic decal work for sure.....the air would've been blue here having to battle against so many teeny weeny ones!! :smiling3:
Looking superb mate,this is going to be something rather special mefinks ;)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking real good Mick. This is going to be one impressive display piece. Love the detail and the subtle weathering - nice :thumb2:
Paul

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Mick,
Hats off to you mate that is some serious patience, and another reason I don't build wingy things.
Thanks Scottie, had to make up another look a like decal after one fell apart
Looking real good Mick. This is going to be one impressive display piece. Love the detail and the subtle weathering - nice :thumb2:
Paul
Cheers Paul, I’m looking forward to getting this one done
"The look " enough to strike fear into most Mick :anguished:
Patience abounds doing those decals , good for you .
Oh god yes JR I think it must be a genetic thing

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
More progress today with clear coating and ticking off more from a whole stack of little finishing jobs. Today saw some tooth pick painting to fill in the flares in the dischargers and decals on the 4 AIM-120C AMRAAM missiles, only 13 on each
A8661B77-EC66-4C80-A620-C846FCA00C16.jpeg
AE97DDE5-F0F5-449E-B688-382181BBF66B.jpeg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looking great so far, Mick! If you start to get really stressed with the decals, then send them to Tony (yakface) as he's having a sale on decal applications for the Christmas season. 1/2 price for all work sent between now and Dec. 27th.......Just gurgle "Decals 'R Us" for his address...

Prost
Allen