Tamiya 1/35 Renault UE Carrier

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Taking a day's break from 3D printer building - so, this
ue carrier 2007.jpg
It's actually a Renault UE, but I guess trade names can't be used. The model dates from 2007..............
DSCF4029.JPG
Smallish box seems to be filled with sprues, but read on.
Sprue shots.
DSCF4014.JPGDSCF4015.JPG
That's it for the carrier - sprues are clean & well moulded.
DSCF4016.JPG This is the tracked trailer
DSCF4013.JPG
Carrier load & figures
Instructions are typically Tamiya B&W fan fold, look OK
DSCF4028.JPG
Assembly details for the teeny link & length tracks.
DSCF4027.JPG
Three options, all Khaki Drab ( Apparently the French never camouflaged the UE ) there are a few detail differences, but you'll need careful study to find them.
Part 2 for some detail shots..................

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Detail shots
DSCF4017.JPGDSCF4018.JPGDSCF4019.JPGDSCF4020.JPGDSCF4021.JPGDSCF4022.JPGDSCF4023.JPGDSCF4024.JPGDSCF4025.JPG
Some of the detail may look a bit soft, but it is a small model. Half the sprues are for the trailer, its' load and for the two standing figures. Unless I make a base, then these two blokes are homeless. Quite a few contemporary pictures of the carrier, but fewer with carrier & trailer. Lack of colour options is a bit limiting, so probably weathering will have to add interest!
The model seems to be long out of production - I've had mine in the stash for may years, but now it seems to fetch quite high prices!
Dave
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well Dave seeing as I voted for this little "roller skate" I'll be the first in. Doesn't look at all bad.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looks a nice 'tiny' kit Dave. I'll be looking in on this build. Now, were the tweezers in the box??? Or did you nick them long ago???...

Prost
Allen

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Looks a nice 'tiny' kit Dave. I'll be looking in on this build. Now, were the tweezers in the box??? Or did you nick them long ago???...

Prost
Allen
The tweezers were a pressed single piece of 'monkey metal', that had scarcely any spring in them, I ditched them quite a while ago ( years! )
Dave

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
For saying this dates back to 2007, those mouldings although slightly soft on detail, look crisp and clean.. I have to admit I didn't originally vote for this, but I'm warming to it rapidly.. looks like it'll be a fun build with no problems... :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good looking kit Dave. Looks like it will be a fun build.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It's actually a Renault UE, but I guess trade names can't be used.
Technically it’s a Chenillette de ravitaillement d’Infanterie Modèle 1931 R :smiling3: In English, “Small, tracked, infantry supply vehicle Model 1931 R(enault)”. But yeah, for some reason manufacturers of real-world things get uppity about using their names on models, and if they do appear it’s usually with this ™® nonsense all over the place …

Anyway, I remember this kit building up pretty well, even those small track links, and you seem to be making good progress with it :smiling3:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I debated whether it was worth cranking the compressor up for such a small model - laziness won! AK Olive Drab Primer Followed by a basecoat of AK French Green #1
DSCF4034.JPG
Whilst the compressor tank was full of air, I primed the tracks as well...............
DSCF4036.JPG

The two occupants apparently are wearing leather coats, so a little bit of brush painting needed, before sealing them up in their mobile coffin...............
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice progress......I keep a "rattle" can handy when feeling a bit lazy........no brush work and no cleaning the A/B afterwards.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Link & length tracks added - the fit is excellent, the major problem is the size, or lack of it!
DSCF4037.JPG
I'm trying the Mr Cement Yellow top - its a cross between TET & Revell Contacta - not really thick. but a bit stickier than TET
DSCF4039.JPG
It seems to just about right for the tracks - first time I've used it, so hardly a rigorous test!
Crew getting their details painted..........
Might be a few days before I get back to this - that 3D printer is begging to be finished, and I've a funeral to go to on Wednesday.
Dave

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I'll be interested to see how you get on with that Mr Hobby cement Dave, I've got a bottle here.
Pete

Reactions: JR

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'll be interested to see how you get on with that Mr Hobby cement Dave, I've got a bottle here.
Pete
One thing you'll notice is the smell - not unpleasant, but a bit stronger that TET - another thing - the brush in the cap is too big, it needs trimming down to about half it's thickness, otherwise yo get far too much glue running around
Dave

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
You're making a nice job of this odd little vehicle Dave, just had a catch up.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm in, bit late . Those tracks :anguished:. You managed them well :thumb2: