Tamiya 1/35 Renault UE Carrier

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Those tracks :anguished:.
They’re fairly doable, nowhere near as bad as they could have been. Tamiya have sensibly kept the number of pieces to a minimum — if you look at the picture of the painted tracks on the sprue that Dave posted, the smallest parts are two single links for each side, but most of the short runs are double and triples, which makes assembly a lot simpler.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
They’re fairly doable, nowhere near as bad as they could have been. Tamiya have sensibly kept the number of pieces to a minimum — if you look at the picture of the painted tracks on the sprue that Dave posted, the smallest parts are two single links for each side, but most of the short runs are double and triples, which makes assembly a lot simpler.
Says you ;)

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've neglected this, working on the 3D printer, so I've progressed a little further
DSCF4067.JPGDSCF4068.JPG
The trailer needs its' tracks adding & the crew need to be sealed in, but that's the bulk of construction done. There's a few boxes, drums to add as loads in the trailer & the stowage box. Then a matter of weathering to add interest to what is rather a boring model............
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Sorry Dave completely missed this.

That's coming on nicely. The bottle gives a good idea of how small it was.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
After a period of neglect, I thought I'd better pick this up again, or the bits will gradually disappear.
The carrier itself is just about finished, bar the tools & bin stowage & the trailer is awaiting it's running gear. It's on the base I printed out - scaled specifically to fit the model
DSCF4122.JPG
The base was labelled 'cobble street', but I think it's more like stone paved
cobble 1.jpg
Either way, I think this type of road surface would have been common in France in the 40's
Dave

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Nice work Dave!!! The two together will make a nice little dio too. Shame it takes so long to print the base though...

Prost
Allen

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Now I'm getting a bit of confidence in the printer - the top mounted filament spool & filament guide really improve the reliability, I can leave it to itself, so the time factor becomes less important.
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Now I'm getting a bit of confidence in the printer - the top mounted filament spool & filament guide really improve the reliability, I can leave it to itself, so the time factor becomes less important.
Dave
Good to hear Dave. Really looks like you're getting the hang of it!

Andrew

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Dave
I'd be interested to see a small portion of that base done in fine mode to see the finer layering

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Trailer & tracks.........................
DSCF4126.JPG
Absolutely no problems fitting the links - very good fit!

DSCF4127.JPG
Trailer tracked - I've given the base two coats of primer - it looks too light in the picture, it's actually more beige - the digital camera trying to make sense of something in the fading light!
Dave

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
looking goood Dave,
I'm liking that 'figure base', there's plenty of potential for it.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm liking that 'figure base', there's plenty of potential for it.
These are still early days for the 3D printing I'm still tinkering with the settings - so much so, that I've had little modelmakng time. I'm going to have to work out some balance.................
Dave

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
These are still early days for the 3D printing I'm still tinkering with the settings - so much so, that I've had little modelmakng time. I'm going to have to work out some balance.................
Dave
Well, for saying you are 'just tinkering' you're making some good progress mate... :thumb2: :thumb2: