Tamiya 1/35 Renault UE Carrier

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I used Vallejo Ink - because I couldn't find my bottle of black wash!
Dave
Diluted fifty to seventy five percent with water and a few drops of flow aid added and the ink pretty much becomes the wash anyway Dave ;)

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Diluted fifty to seventy five percent with water and a few drops of flow aid added and the ink pretty much becomes the wash anyway Dave ;)
As soon as I put the cap on the ink bottle - I saw the black wash laughing at me from behind a bottle of primer!
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Happened to me more than once also......nice bit of cobbling Dave. thanks for the tip on the ink wash Tim...I'll remember that in the future. :thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Have a stinking head cold & not feeling like doing much at all - but hopefully normal service wil be resumed as soon as possible...............
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
First day of being able to breathe through my nose! I thought 'd better get on with this, otherwise the 3D printer will take all my time ( I don't know where it all goes! )
DSCF4146.JPG
Base all ready for use - washes of grey/dark grey, allowed to partly dry, then wiped with kitchen towel - a final spray of matt varnish................
DSCF4147.JPG
The main items, nearly ready to get dirtied up. They are 'dainty', and I'll have to careful not to overdo the weathering.
These will be the last pictures in this section, the next will be in the completed area.
I have to say that the 3D printed base looks good after painting - this was one of my earliest prints, and now I'm more familiar with the settings I reckon I can improve on it. I migt be able to upscale it a bit, for a larger vehicle, but you have to make sure you don't create unfeasibly large individual slabs
Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Dave,
Being so small, I bet weathering will be over in a matter of minutes. Looks like a nifty looking two seater. I've got one with a slightly raised fighting compartment...more like fighting for space for the occupants.

Cheers,
Wabble