PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
best of luck............all that pe would scare the bejasus out out of me :eek:

P

phikoleoputra

Are those PE included in the box or you bought a new one?

C

Caledonia

Hi Graham I guess there are a lot more plastic spruces than you are showing, I believe the Bismark was like a porcupine bristling with guns. Cheers Derek

G

Graham D

Leo, the photo etch is an after market addition,

Derek, unfortunately, this being the Tamiya edition, this is all the plastic there is

C

Caledonia

[quote="Graham D,

Derek, unfortunately, this being the Tamiya edition, this is all the plastic there is

Very surprised at that, I was always under the impression that the Bismark had loads of secondary armament, AA guns etc. Cheers Derek

p.s. just so we don't clash with models, my next model will be the Dragon Scharnhorst, but that's a 2015 project.

G

Graham D

At last I have managed to get a bit done. All of it photo etch

This is what I started with

View attachment 94977

View attachment 94978

This is after a lot of port holes and doors

View attachment 94979

View attachment 94980

This show the extra deck photo etch needed due to the lack of texure on this part of the deck.

View attachment 94976

These deck texture PE as large enough to hold in your hands without it pinging off into the carpet monster, which is really nice. It won't last as there are plenty of small parts to go.

View attachment 94981

MidDeck1.jpg

MidDeck2.jpg

MidDeck3.jpg

MidDeck4.jpg

MidDeck5.jpg

MidDeck6.jpg

Last edited:
C

Caledonia

Nice, the porthole PE is well worth the effort Graham. Doesn't seem to be a lot of forum interest in Ships. Cheers Derek

C

Caledonia

PE looking very sharp Graham, well done. That extra PE should keep you out of mischief for a while. Cheers Derek

C

Caledonia

Looking good Graham, as you know the benefit of PE is apparent after it's painted.

C

Caledonia

Some tricky PE their Graham, well done. I like the German camo schemes, nicely done. Derek

G

Graham D

Thanks Derek

I think the white needs toning down abit. Does any one have an idea the best way to tone down the white ?