The Happy Hunter

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
will you be sailing this boat?your workman ship is getting really sharp mate.mobear
Yes Ole. This will go on the water. I switched from planes to boats for that very reason. In the past i have been too scared to fly my creations for fear of crashing and destroying them. With boats i dont have that fear and it is a more relaxed hobby.

Cheers

Andy

M

mobear

now that looks brand new mate excellently done,the green is the right shade i think top notch

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Ole, i think it turned out ok. I carried on with the Funnels tonight, Quite a lot of dremel work and sanding with the sticks. You cant quite see from the pics but the moulding had quite some surface sags in them. I sanded the surfaces for primer and managed to level them all out.

View attachment 56037View attachment 56038View attachment 56039View attachment 56040View attachment 56041View attachment 56042View attachment 56043View attachment 56044

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 58157

View attachment 58158

View attachment 58159

View attachment 58160

View attachment 58161

View attachment 58162

View attachment 58163

View attachment 58164

Funnel 1.jpg

Funnel 2.jpg

Funnel 3.jpg

Funnel 4.jpg

Funnel 5.jpg

Funnel 6.jpg

Funnel 7.jpg

Funnel 8.jpg

S

Sky Raider

They are a fantastic tool to have. I have a cordless one and a mains one. I also have the multi function pedastal for it to that allows you to do everything even routing.

Cheers

Andy

C

CDW

That anchor winch is the doggies dangly bits mate, looks absolutely real!!

I seem to be having the same problem looking at this thread as i did with the Old Dutch .... this being little drops of saliva dribbling down my chin :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

M

mobear

Andy to far,i only do plastic kits lol,still impressive though,you remind me of my bestafa(grandad)he did all the stuff you do and my uncle Knud builds gliders and flies them,so watching you is a bit of nostalgia for me,thnx mate :thumbsup:

mobear

T

treyzx10r

Nice winch,not as nice as the wench on the calender tho......... ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Andy, good progress and that winch looks spot on. Really nice piece of work.

I'm fed up with January's woman already.....Any chance you can sort of flick the calender over to February??lol

Cheers,

Ron

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
That anchor winch is the doggies dangly bits mate, looks absolutely real!!I seem to be having the same problem looking at this thread as i did with the Old Dutch .... this being little drops of saliva dribbling down my chin :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
Thank Colin. I think im getting the hang of this model building now.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Andy to far,i only do plastic kits lol,still impressive though,you remind me of my bestafa(grandad)he did all the stuff you do and my uncle Knud builds gliders and flies them,so watching you is a bit of nostalgia for me,thnx mate :thumbsup:mobear
Thats nice Ole. Im glad i can bring a little happiness to people.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Nice winch,not as nice as the wench on the calender tho......... ;)
Sorry Trey. Ill try and improve. When the weather pics up ill do some topless building lol

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Andy, good progress and that winch looks spot on. Really nice piece of work.I'm fed up with January's woman already.....Any chance you can sort of flick the calender over to February??lol

Cheers,

Ron
Sorry Ron, im going to keep you in suspence so that you focus on the task at hand, even i dont know what Feb looks like i havent skipped through it. Im saving the excitement. To be honest i cant get used to seeing women on there with their clothes on haha.

Cheers

Andy

M

mobear

those are the same kind of doors i used to go through to make toast lol,nice work

mobear

M

mobear

the thing is yes i can,kinda smokey but richly burnt,was great to be honest,and with no butter lol

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Well im still working on these funnels. all of the handrails are now complete and i took a look at the vents and the blast flaps. Most of these bits are decals and i didnt want to use them for obviouse reasons. Behind the blast flaps at the top were supposed to go a plain black square decal and then the flaps are glued on in the semi open position... i decided to cut out the openings and i will paint the inside black. Next were the main vents with the louvers. a decal with straight lines on it didnt quite cut it for me. I wanted to fit the louver covers and make them look a little un uniformed and battered a little as they should be so i set to work with the evergreen stuff and managed to complete one tonight. When painted and a little soot added i think they should look quite good.

View attachment 56183View attachment 56184View attachment 56185View attachment 56186View attachment 56187

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 58278

View attachment 58279

View attachment 58280

View attachment 58281

View attachment 58282

Funnels vents (1).jpg

Funnels vents (2).jpg

Funnels vents (3).jpg

Funnels vents (4).jpg

Funnels vents (5).jpg