The Happy Hunter

T

treyzx10r

Wow Andy this is really coming along! I would've missed a lot of spots painting that many rails so you're forgiven for my part;) Great to hear the crane is functioning properly ,looking forward to the next update .cheers Trey

M

mobear

oustanding work andy very well put together,cant wait to see it on water now lol

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Thanks guys, should have all the deck fittings finished tomorrow, The next step is to fit the multipin plug for the lighting etc and then set the balance on the waterline and she is finished ready for the pool.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

More deck fittings, All is left now is the multipug for the upper deck wiring, some new decals im about to order for the sides of the boat, change the speaker housing and set the balance. will soon be onto the IMARA, I will sail this boat very soon and let you see some pics. I also intend to upload a short demo video showing the working parts.

View attachment 58780View attachment 58781View attachment 58782View attachment 58783View attachment 58784View attachment 58785View attachment 58786View attachment 58787View attachment 58788View attachment 58789View attachment 58790

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 60639

View attachment 60640

View attachment 60641

View attachment 60642

View attachment 60643

View attachment 60644

View attachment 60645

View attachment 60646

View attachment 60647

View attachment 60648

View attachment 60649

Almost done (1).jpg

Almost done (2).jpg

Almost done (3).jpg

Almost done (4).jpg

Almost done (5).jpg

Almost done (6).jpg

Almost done (7).jpg

Almost done (8).jpg

Almost done (9).jpg

Almost done (10).jpg

Almost done (11).jpg

M

mobear

stunning andy,and i cant wait to see it up and running plus the demo vid lol

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Well we are almost there now gang. I purchased some white LEDs on a strip roll today, these will go around the inside of the deck flange and will light up the mid deck interior and the hull interior so we should get some light through the protholes. Then the 2 rubber rings are to be fixed to the rear wall and the rubber sashes for the 2 openings in the wall, when this is done i will set the boyancy of the boat and try and do a little video for you.

I had the new white decals made in individual letters... looks so much better than that horrible blue transfer stuff. I also renamed her due to the colour change.

View attachment 59076View attachment 59077View attachment 59078View attachment 59079View attachment 59080View attachment 59081View attachment 59082View attachment 59083View attachment 59084View attachment 59085View attachment 59086View attachment 59087View attachment 59088View attachment 59089View attachment 59090

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 60875

View attachment 60876

View attachment 60877

View attachment 60878

View attachment 60879

View attachment 60880

View attachment 60881

View attachment 60882

View attachment 60883

View attachment 60884

View attachment 60885

View attachment 60886

View attachment 60887

View attachment 60888

View attachment 60889

Smit Hunter (1).jpg

Smit Hunter (2).jpg

Smit Hunter (3).jpg

Smit Hunter (4).jpg

Smit Hunter (5).jpg

Smit Hunter (6).jpg

Smit Hunter (7).jpg

Smit Hunter (8).jpg

Smit Hunter (9).jpg

Smit Hunter (10).jpg

Smit Hunter (11).jpg

Smit Hunter (12).jpg

Smit Hunter (13).jpg

Smit Hunter (14).jpg

Smit Hunter (15).jpg

M

mobear

champers for the launch,small bottle of moet,looking the DBs andy,stunningly made

mobear

C

CDW

Thats a stunning build again Andy, i like the colour scheme ... suits the boat nicely.

A little video of her bobbing along in a pool would be a nice finale (don't forget you still owe us one for the Old Dutch:smiling3:)

Do i get a prize for spotting the scantily dressed lady ? (i say scantily as i think she's wearing earrings:smiling3:)

S

Sky Raider

Lol Coiln, trust you to spot the birds haha.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is looking sweet!

Bon Voyage

Ian M

S

steve244

\ said:
Im looking for a little help guys. i have searched the net for reference pics of the hand rails on ships. The reason for this is that i have seen a clip on movie i was watching the other day and noticed that the top rail was black, as soon as i noticed this i didnt get time to see if the upright posts were black as well or just the rails to the post leaving the post white. I cant find any pictures to confirm this, any ideas please?Cheers

Andy
Hi Andy just got back home and been catching up on how your getting on and i must say things are looking very good, now to answer your question when a ship is built she is painted in the colours supplied by the ship owner and usually the area on top of the wheelhouse/bridge is generally called the monkey island and is normally painted white because it looks nice but for the AB's/deckhands like me it is just a pain in the butt because at the end of your tour of duty the Ab's have to wash down all the white work including handrails and masts that are white, this is usually due to the fact that the ships funnels are in the same area and it does not take long to get a build up of soot all around that area and the chief officer or captain wants it cleaned but after a year or so the constant build up and cleaning eventually the white work starts to look more grey than white and you cant keep painting it all every trip so over time the AB's usually end up painting the whole area black the same reason the tops of the funnels are painted black its just to hide the sooty areas, hope this helps mate.

cheers Steve

S

Sky Raider

Welcome home Steve. Thanks for the info, i have noted this now.

Cheers

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Man alive, that was super quick progress Andy. Very impressive build and paint job. The crew are a nice touch too.

Cheers,

Ron

C

Caledonia

Hi Andy, that would be a fantastic job for a static model, but when you have made it fully working it is amazing, 5 Star job all round.

The only thing I am confused with is why you have kept the Mammoet labels, as they are not the same company as Smit? You may recall that Mammoet did that very clever recovery of the Russian Submarine the Kursk in 2001.

Cheers Derek

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Hi Andy, that would be a fantastic job for a static model, but when you have made it fully working it is amazing, 5 Star job all round. The only thing I am confused with is why you have kept the Mammoet labels, as they are not the same company as Smit? You may recall that Mammoet did that very clever recovery of the Russian Submarine the Kursk in 2001.

Cheers Derek
You may be very well correct Derek. Im still green around the gills and wouldnt know the difference. I know now though. Ill put it down as a mid transaction for a cover up lol.

Thanks for putting me right.

Cheers

Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Im just lost for words andy mate , it just looks beautiful ,a stunning build once again. Looking forward to seeing the video of her on the water, cheers tony