The lost Tiger !

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Operation watch on the Rhine !

Koenigstiger 332 set off through the dence fog of the Ardennes forest on the 16th of December 1944 to to stop the allied advance and in the hope of capturing the harbour at Antwerp ! Unfortunately she got lost and then broke down so the had to abandon her but on the 18th of December they were captured by a patrol of US airborne and refused to tell their captors where their tank was and there it stayed , over the last few months of the war it was found by several groups from both sides and stripped of its valuable parts but no one ever reported it or just wasn't found !View attachment 93430

View attachment 93431

View attachment 93432

View attachment 93433

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
A stunner mate, really great representative of abandonment. Great painting and weathering and a lovely board giving a flow to the piece. Really nice work mate and one to be proud of, looks like you are now the wreck king!

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I'm pleased you like it :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real nice Alan,there is some think about the rust affect that i just lov, ;)

very well done with the base as well,and nice little story to go with it, :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Hmm at the risk of being slaughtered ...

I like what you've done there Alan, although the rust looks a bit too consistent for me - I'd have liked to see more shades & a bit of the original paint showing through.

The bow MG definitely wouldn't still be there either.

Sorry mate!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I'm not sure the rust is too consistent, it has been there for 70+ years. Nice work Alan, great little scene and story to go with it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hmm at the risk of being slaughtered ...I like what you've done there Alan, although the rust looks a bit too consistent for me - I'd have liked to see more shades & a bit of the original paint showing through.

The bow MG definitely wouldn't still be there either.

Sorry mate!
The bow gun was added right at the beginning when this was going to be a wreck with troops guarding it and the crew dead on the floor covered in blankets but I changed my mind before I started painting and I just left it

As for the rust as joe points out this has never been found its still there now in my time line so the rust is quite correct :smiling3:

Glad you like it though

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks for thre great comments from all of you and one party pooper

Yes Patrick I'm looking at you :D :P

D

dubster72

\ said:
Thanks for thre great comments from all of you and one party pooperYes Patrick I'm looking at you
Fair enough Al! It's your build after all - but ... this is a P4 Ausf J discovered in 1991 & the other is an M1A1 test-bed. Even the M1 shows a lot of dark rust, typical of older oxidation.

View attachment 93480

View attachment 93481

30.jpg

UsQ2aam.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Wow Patrick ive really got under your skin with this haven't I lol

I think you need to take a deep breath and say , " ok I dont think its good but it is only a model "

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
A comment that seems to arise often here is credited to the late Spencer Flack. When confronted by someone for the red scheme his Spitfire wore, he replied ''when YOU have your own Spitfire, you may paint it whatever colour YOU wish''

D

dubster72

Blimey! It seems honest C & C's are not

appreciated these days!

Well, I may be a party pooper, but I'm going to remain true to my beliefs. I think it's a good time to give this a miss.