The lost Tiger !

D

dubster72

That's much better Alan! The variations in colour can be seen now.

I've changed my rating ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That's much better Alan! The variations in colour can be seen now. I've changed my rating ;)
No problem mate it was only this morning I did feel the pics weren't showing the real detail of the tank

Cheers mate :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Great set of pics and really help to bring out the detailing and colours.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers si that's the problem with photos , cameras tend to make colours brighter and also lighten the piece your taking a picture of :smiling3:

D

dubster72

\ said:
Cheers si that's the problem with photos , cameras tend to make colours brighter and also lighten the piece your taking a picture of :smiling3:
If you're using an iPhone Alan, try downloading a photo editing app. I use Pixlr express & it's very good.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Alan that is spot on I think it was down to the lighting on the original photos that made it look like there was no contrast in the rust.

First Name
Dave
Nice how did you go about it Allen did you paint it properly first then weather the rust on top or rust it from scratch?

Dave

N

noble

Hi Alan the second set of pics are much better, I love this, i must admit you are inspiring me to do one of these wrecks myself the colouration is spot on and the easy way if you so choose is to cut the MG32 barrel off. Well done mate a beautiful kit well executed.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks for the great comments guys I really appreciate them :smiling3:

\ said:
If you're using an iPhone Alan, try downloading a photo editing app. I use Pixlr express & it's very good.
thanks Patrick unfortunately that isn't available on the iPad :smiling3:

\ said:
Nice how did you go about it Allen did you paint it properly first then weather the rust on top or rust it from scratch?Dave
cheers dave , I painted it in mid-stone then added burnt umber oil washes , then I gave it a dry brush of reddish brown acrylic , then a watered down pva coat and sprinkled rust weathering powder then another oil wash of burnt umber then a dry brush of mid stone in some areas then another coat of burnt umber oil wash then to finish off I sprayed it with thinned pva and got a big brush dipped it in the weathering powder making sure it was thicker in some places so it looks like it's crusted rust :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great tank Alan and the second set of photos really do it justice.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Seconds out!!

Round three!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist that.:rolleyes:

Yup, the second batch of photo's do it justice, really nicely done!! :smiling3:

I put a sheet of paper in front of my flash to prevent washout and flash back. That is what I did with the photo's of my completed NCR.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome, the new pictures show it much better in the light.