The lull before the storm.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great plan Jim. The setting and the figures will be an excellent setting for the half track. Your reference material and choice of figures is first rate too.
Looking forward to it.
Cheers, P

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jim,
Great plan mate. I'm looking forward to this. I have used those figures, not the best in the world but they paint up ok.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Seems I'm late to the party again Jim!!! Great plan Sir. I'll just hang out in the back and keep an eye on the troublemakers. Brought my own beverages and my binoculars, so I won't miss anything or go thirsty either...

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim - they weren't primed in grey. Just the black and white Stynylrez.
Sorry Jim I misread what you wrote…….I thought the initial primer was a grey one……

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Rather slow but that's par for the course for me.
The figures have had some glazing on the flesh areas.
P1070270.JPG
Done some work on the building. Getting the foam cut to the correct angles was a nightmare even with my Proxon and dedicated angle cutters.
P1070272.JPG

It only a thin backdrop.
P1070273.JPG

Been puzzling on what to make the roof slates from. I think thin cork sheet may work OK, easy to cut and distress.
P1070271.JPG

Still an awful long way to go but I'll not be beaten by a certain Mr Race, the dio king, or Mr Ron and his "Blue Peter" inspired stuff! :tongue-out3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jim full admiration for the use of that foam sheet. is it Ravatherm XPS ? Whole build looking good.

From what I've read the Proxon can be a devil to set up right and the fence is unreliable, have you though about getting a Shifting Sands one ?

guider-pro-for-the-proxxon-hot-wire-cutter(1).jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks guys.
John - I have bought a very similar fence. Also a taper jig and an angle jig. They are very similar to the Shifting Sands stuff - laser cut wood. The ones I have are made by a small enterprise in Selby in Yorkshire called Fairy Bridge. Not cheap but well made and very useful. I don't know what the foam is. I bought it off eBay in a big block.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I've started the "carving" of the outside of the derelict farm. The white stuff is Model Lite from Deluxe Materials. Its a lightweight filler which is great on foam especially for creating a rendered/plastered effect. Just a light sanding once dry.
P1070274.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That is stunning Jim, and very realistic.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great work Jim. Must be quite therapeutic doing that…..might not be when you have to individually paint each stone though ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks guys.

The building is ready for painting except for the roof. That will be a longish job. Try to ignore the white, it is only there to give some texture to the rendered walls.
P1070276.JPG

P1070278.JPG

P1070277.JPG

I had a root around in the odds and ends box to find bits to scratch the hoist.
P1070279.JPG

Thanks once again.