SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking splendid Andy. Very nicely done. Hope the bug goes quickly…..
Thanks very much Tim,most kind. :smiling3:
The bug has been rather grosse,in fact quite worrying at times, however,after hearing of your,and other's,woes recently, I'll mention it no more!
ALL.... An update,of sorts,up and coming soon. ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
So then, getting near to the finish line now, just need to get the camo netting sorted.As usual,I shall be using the very detailed and professional method/equipment...
IMG20230217163429.jpg
.. oh,ok then,some cheap herbs, netting and PVA glue. ;) ...
... done a bit so far,but another day at least of fiddlin' I reckon!! ....
IMG20230217174049.jpg
IMG20230217174118.jpg
.... also started the arse end with tools and camo net roll...
IMG20230217174140.jpg
... Well then, I'm SURE I can get this done by the end of play tomorrow. :smiling3:
Thanks for looking in,
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks very much Tim,most kind. :smiling3:
The bug has been rather grosse,in fact quite worrying at times, however,after hearing of your,and other's,woes recently, I'll mention it no more!
ALL.... An update,of sorts,up and coming soon. ;)
Sounds like the one I had a fortnight ago……it does go….eventually. Hell of a way to lose weight though…..

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice looking Andy, thank weathering look ok . The camo along with the method is great , any chance of a more details please .

The Committee I've heard are looking fwd to appraising the finished article !

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nice looking Andy, thank weathering look ok . The camo along with the method is great , any chance of a more details please .

The Committee I've heard are looking fwd to appraising the finished article !
Thanks very much John :smiling3:
As for the camo, it's only the bits I showed earlier,and no hill of beans to do....
For main Gun Barrels,I just cut some irregular strips of the netting,brush on a liberal amount of white glue,and press them into it,(just to fill it out a bit),then drape over larger pieces which hang down past the barrel... these should be longer,and fuller than you need,as you'll be cutting them back to where you want them later. ;) .
The camo roll at the back just involves a wooden skewer,saves wasting rolling loads of netting to get the bulk of it,then,white glue and wrap netting around it half a dozen times or so :smiling3:
Once it's set, more white glue,and then sprinkle LOADS of the herbs all over... PLENTY more than you need.When dry,invert model,shake off excess and voilà!! :smiling3:
Next!!...
IMG20230218135837.jpg
Cut off, roughly,the excessive length with scissors/nippers,doesn't matter that it's a straight line,white glue remains flexible for days,so just tease the threads of the netting out, with tweezers, cocktail stick,and you can get a more uneven "drape".
If it all looks too similar,colourwise, just dab on various watered down Greens to suit. ;)
Blimey,that makes it sound long winded eh?!!!...

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.....So then, I'm now calling this "Done"...
Trimmed up the unruly netting and added just a little more of a wash here and there.
IMG20230218142256.jpg
IMG20230218142109.jpg
IMG20230218142410.jpg
IMG20230218142434.jpg
I'll get some decent pics done in natural light when it stops raining!!
As always, thanks for ALL of your comments, thoughts,and just for even just looking in :smiling3:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
'Impressive!!... Most Impressive !!!!'

Bloody lovely build Andy, you've certainly built a cracker here mate...(bows down whilst saying 'we're not worthy, we're not worthy....)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks very much John :smiling3:
As for the camo, it's only the bits I showed earlier,and no hill of beans to do....
For main Gun Barrels,I just cut some irregular strips of the netting,brush on a liberal amount of white glue,and press them into it,(just to fill it out a bit),then drape over larger pieces which hang down past the barrel... these should be longer,and fuller than you need,as you'll be cutting them back to where you want them later. ;) .
The camo roll at the back just involves a wooden skewer,saves wasting rolling loads of netting to get the bulk of it,then,white glue and wrap netting around it half a dozen times or so :smiling3:
Once it's set, more white glue,and then sprinkle LOADS of the herbs all over... PLENTY more than you need.When dry,invert model,shake off excess and voilà!! :smiling3:
Next!!...
View attachment 474564
Cut off, roughly,the excessive length with scissors/nippers,doesn't matter that it's a straight line,white glue remains flexible for days,so just tease the threads of the netting out, with tweezers, cocktail stick,and you can get a more uneven "drape".
If it all looks too similar,colourwise, just dab on various watered down Greens to suit. ;)
Blimey,that makes it sound long winded eh?!!!...
Thanks Andy, where did you find the netting please?

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy,

That's turned out beautifully. Very well done indeed!!

ATB.

Andrew