The Smythe Meister's Priest

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A'noon guys,
Well, seeing as the Blenheim is driving me insane, I've decided to start a bit of Armour to relieve the tension :smiling3:
Had this in the stash for years,and, despite the dodgy box art, it, apparently builds up to a nice model.
Ere be picks.....
IMG20230323135316.jpg
It's got rubber band tracks,(which I don't mind at all),and the lower hull is more or less one piece....
IMG20230323135912.jpg
Boring sprue pics....
IMG20230323140209.jpg
IMG20230323140415.jpg
IMG20230323140845.jpg
So there you have it, should be a bit of fun, anyone who fancies tagging along Will be more than welcome :smiling3:
..... ah, lovely armour again... ;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Got one Tamiya/Italeri kit on the shelves for 30 years now and don't know why I haven't built it...the open cabin I guess... so hope yours will instill a mojo on me to build it.

Cheers,
Wabble

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm grabbing a seat. I have a piece of armour in the wings so very interested to see a master builder at work!!
HA!! .... Don't know about a "Master builder" ;) ....
But good to have you along... and "front and centre seat"!! :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Got one Tamiya/Italeri kit on the shelves for 30 years now and don't know why I haven't built it...the open cabin I guess... so hope yours will instill a mojo on me to build it.

Cheers,
Wabble
Hi Wabble,
Good to see you mate,the open cabin is what appeals to me actually.... adds a bit more interest compared to an enclosed turret imho. :smiling3:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Wabble,
Good to see you mate,the open cabin is what appeals to me actually.... adds a bit more interest compared to an enclosed turret imho. :smiling3:
Andy, the open cabin speaks diorama to me perhaps that was the delay for me...haven't thought up an idea for it. Painting the shells and compartments...oooh shiver. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Different!!! More of a Sexton man myself......

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks like a nice representation of the early build M7.
Hi Paul,it is indeed an M7,and quite a nice one to boot. :smiling3:
Different!!! More of a Sexton man myself......
I see where you're coming from Andrew,however,they are VERY similar ;)
I shall pull up a pew if i may.Never made a Priest.Remember making an Italeri Kangaroo when i was 14.Enjoyed it what i can remember.
Rich
Of course Richard,and you're very welcome :smiling3:
The Italeri Kangaroo you mentioned is still around and looking quite appealing.... I do like Italeri kits. ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'll join in, seat with a head rest would be nice . Jim and Rhic can look after me Andy .
Cohan welcome as I have some live worms for him .:smiling2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'll join the merry band of watchers.
Hello Jim, lovely to see you Sir, welcome along :smiling3:
I'll join in, seat with a head rest would be nice . Jim and Rhic can look after me Andy .
Cohan welcome as I have some live worms for him .:smiling2:
Hi John,seems like you've got your seating sorted out already! ... As for Cohan,I fed him this morning,so you can keep the worms on hold for a few days. ;)
I have 'eyes on' for this one!
Steve
Evening mate,good to see you :smiling3: ....
... See what I did there!...
"Eyes on".. good to "SEE YOU" !! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
... so, I've made some progress...
IMG20230324153051.jpg
Wheelie stuff put on, the front end put together,(the bit resting on the cutters),and the engine/driver's compartment laid out, ready to ram together ;) .... Next....
IMG20230324174226.jpg ... all together now,I must admit that I like these Academy kits, (although I've not done any of their aircraft yet),one of my most recent AFVs was their Achilles,and they seem to go together really well. :smiling3: ...AND ...
IMG20230324184902.jpg
.... under Halfords Grey :smiling3:
Nice kit this so far, although I'm under no illusions that getting it to LOOK good will be tricky ;)
Looking forward to taking it on mind!
As always, thanks for looking in,and ay thoughts,hints,ideas, more than welcome :smiling3:
Cheers for now.....

Last edited:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hello Jim, lovely to see you Sir, welcome along :smiling3:

Hi John,seems like you've got your seating sorted out already! ... As for Cohan,I fed him this morning,so you can keep the worms on hold for a few days. ;)

Evening mate,good to see you :smiling3: ....
... See what I did there!...
"Eyes on".. "good to SEE YOU" !! ;)
And you Bud!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Good progress there, but the real work is probably still ahead with that interior, not to mention the gun — artillery is always more work than you think in advance.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
... so, I've made some progress...
View attachment 477764
Wheelie stuff put on, the front end put together,(the bit resting on the cutters),and the engine/driver's compartment laid out, ready to ram together ;) .... Next....
View attachment 477765 ... all together now,I must admit that I like these Academy kits, (although I've not done any of their aircraft yet),one of my most recent AFVs was their Achilles,and they seem to go together really well. :smiling3: ...AND ...
View attachment 477766
.... under Halfords Grey :smiling3:
Nice kit this so far, although I'm under no illusions that getting it to LOOK good will be tricky ;)
Looking forward to taking it on mind!
As always, thanks for looking in,and ay thoughts,hints,ideas, more than welcome :smiling3:
Cheers for now.....
Looking good in the primer Andy . Where's our friend, think we need a shot or two of him at the bench please.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
I enjoyed building this one. Think it may have been my first build on this forum. Look forward to see yours progress.