The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just a brief update..
IMG20230401152555.jpg

IMG20230401152619.jpg
The big gun got quite complicated,but turned out ok,so far!
IMG20230401152815.jpg
... Some basic weathering there .
IMG20230401153145.jpg
.. and some other bits prepared...
Now then ....
IMG20230401175706.jpg
Some proper detailing under way,AND,in the hull...
IMG20230401180117.jpg
Much more to do of course,but we're well on the way now. :smiling3: ...
IMG20230401153235.jpg
Rubber Band tracks here!! .. they ain't THAT bad mind,(and I'm partial to them anyway!! :smiling3:. )
... Thanks for looking in,as always,
Cheers for now...

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
And Allen thought he was late to the party!! I too shall grace you with my presence....if it is permitted, at this "'late" stage of the build. I promise to sit in the back and try not to disturb the other guests. BTW Mr. Smiff, that M7 is looking particularly nice in the weathering department! I find the caked on mud to be extremely effective. May I inquire as to how you achieved it? :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Mr. Smiff, you haven't seemed to have lost your touch in the 'armor' field. Nice paint finish and the weathering on the interior is looking mighty fine too, Andy!!! Old Italeri kits do build up, with lotsa love, into nice models. They may not be accurate, but they do look the part...

Prost
Allen

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good so far Andy :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Thanks very much Mike, it's a nice kit to build. :smiling3:
I'm a bit late in Mr. Smiff as I was away this past weekend. Nice work so far and it's great to see Cohan getting a break away from the bench. He does look relaxed, prob a bit dis-interested in this build, as it's not a wing thingy. Drive on Andy and make us proud!!!

Prost
Allen
Never "late" Allen,just not as early as some others. ;) Cohan's keeping a beady eye on me from the back!!
Great progress andy , despite cohans disinterest . Im a bit puzzled though , i cant work out where the wings are supposed to go ? :thinking:
Cheers Tony, been right through the instructions several times and can't see when to fit the wings either.... guess I'll just have to use my natural intuition!! ;)
Looking good Andy. I've never built an Academy kit but will look out for one in the future.
Bearded Dragons are wonderful creatures. I think I mentioned it before but my daughter had 3 many years ago - Smoke, Flame and Ember.
Thanks Jim,yes,I'd recommend that you do. :smiling3: They're some great names for Beardies, guessing that the 3 were in separate tanks?... I also have a pair of "Crevice, Spiny Lizards", they're pretty much inseparable....
IMG20230330202137.jpg
IMG20221227213019.jpg
They're cracking little characters too. :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Off to a great start Andy, that reptile is so lifelike, one of your best yet :hungry:
Cheers Mick,I agree....in fact I've even motorised it!! ;)
Looking good matey.
Thanks Scottie, really enjoying it so far. :smiling3:
Nice work.
Cheers Jakko :smiling3:
And Allen thought he was late to the party!! I too shall grace you with my presence....if it is permitted, at this "'late" stage of the build. I promise to sit in the back and try not to disturb the other guests. BTW Mr. Smiff, that M7 is looking particularly nice in the weathering department! I find the caked on mud to be extremely effective. May I inquire as to how you achieved it? :thumb2:
Welcome aboard Rick :smiling3: at this point I'd like to announce my new method for adding such caked on effects... I'd LIKE to.... But I can't.... It's just that Vallejo Sand stuff stippled on with a gash brush mate. ! ;)
Well Mr. Smiff, you haven't seemed to have lost your touch in the 'armor' field. Nice paint finish and the weathering on the interior is looking mighty fine too, Andy!!! Old Italeri kits do build up, with lotsa love, into nice models. They may not be accurate, but they do look the part...

Prost
Allen
Thanks very much Allen, the interior is most enjoyable so far :smiling3:, getting detailed ref pics of it isn't that easy mind! This is actually an Academy kit though,or is it a rebox of an Italeri one?!

Looking very good indeed!!!!
Thanks Andrew,can I tempt you to a Tracky thing?! ;)

Well,a few hours at the bench is on the cards for today,gotta get a can of hairspray first mind. ;)........

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Cheers Mick,I agree....in fact I've even motorised it!! ;)

Thanks Scottie, really enjoying it so far. :smiling3:

Cheers Jakko :smiling3:

Welcome aboard Rick :smiling3: at this point I'd like to announce my new method for adding such caked on effects... I'd LIKE to.... But I can't.... It's just that Vallejo Sand stuff stippled on with a gash brush mate. ! ;)

Thanks very much Allen, the interior is most enjoyable so far :smiling3:, getting detailed ref pics of it isn't that easy mind! This is actually an Academy kit though,or is it a rebox of an Italeri one?!

Thanks Andrew,can I tempt you to a Tracky thing?! ;)

Well,a few hours at the bench is on the cards for today,gotta get a can of hairspray first mind. ;)........
Actually I have had three Cromwells at the nearly finished state for about 14 months now.... Just need to finish with some pigments......

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
This week .....
Screenshot_20230115_232824_YouTube2.jpg
... I've mostly been doing Tracky bits....
IMG20230403185619.jpg
... a way to go,but it's taking shape..
IMG20230403185633.jpg
.... I've put some basic pigments on,and I'll obviously be brushing a lot of that away to weather the track pads,but as a start I think it has potential :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice progress Andy. The interior weathering looks really good and the gmain gun looks nicely detailed. This will look great when it comes together.
I have a soft spot for self-propelled artillery (as my grandad drove a Sexton) and the Priest is no exception.

Looking forward to the progress
Cheers
Paul

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice progress Andy. The interior weathering looks really good and the gmain gun looks nicely detailed. This will look great when it comes together.
I have a soft spot for self-propelled artillery (as my grandad drove a Sexton) and the Priest is no exception.

Looking forward to the progress
Cheers
Paul
Thanks Paul,
Yes,I like this type of thing also,( really enjoyed doing the Academy 1/35 Achilles recently), :smiling3:
I saw your purchase on "latest acquisitions",and also read the backstory, regarding your Grandad, excellent stuff indeed.
Nice to have you looking in ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice bit of "trackery" there Andy. Too bad it's covered up all that wonderful "muck" you added to the chassis. Hope it shows through the tracks from the side view. You didn't show it, so one can only hope. :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,as seems to be the norm recently..... I'll answer individual posts tomorrow!! :smiling3:
For now, here's where I'm at with this tonight..
IMG20230404165636.jpg
Just for Rick there, there's much more to see,but as he said,some of it has been covered up :sad:
Next ..
IMG20230404184008.jpg
Put the seat in,and prepping for more large bits ..
IMG20230404185350.jpg
Once the gun assembly dries, it'll be plonked on and we'll be good to go. ;)
... From tother side ...
IMG20230404190640.jpg
Enjoying this one,and it should speed up,build wise,soon. ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy I asked you not to show that photo of me !

Thanks for the photo of Cohan , and those Spiny Lizards.
Great weathering on the engine by the way !