The Smythemeister's Tigger

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Some pretty good progress there. I do like the 'muck' that's been applied. (That'll be paint and pigment to you!!) ;) :smiling2:
Thanks Doug, you won't see much of it at all, especially on the lower hull sides though ;)
That paint work on the wheels is really neat Andy , hope you're pleased .
Cheers John,must admit I'm happy with them so far :thumb2:
Keep it up Mr. Smiff and you're headed for the "Dog's"!....Matron has sent JR on a little Spy mission to see how you're getting along on this project.....seems you have fallen into favor with the "Committee". ;)
Wow there Hoss!!.... A bit premature for that kinda talk Sir!!:tears-of-joy: Plenty of time for Mr.Cock up to make an appearance yet you know!!:dizzy:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The wheelie stuff is all together and painted up,just needs Matt varnish and some "Muck",(just for you Doug;)).......
IMG20230825170650.jpg
IMG20230825170712.jpg
Now then......
IMG20230825171346.jpg
:astonished:.....
IMG20230825171516.jpg
6 of those sprues,90 links per side...see you in a couple weeks!!;):tears-of-joy:.... To be fair, there's no clean up required,and the detail is excellent:thumb2:.Ill be getting stuck into them this afternoon.....

Last edited:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Mr. Smiff,

Well, I finally caught up with your Tigger II build and have to say.........That's lookin' pretty damn good Andy!!! There are a couple of things I would like to know. Did you have any trouble applying the decal Zimmerit, such as it trying to fold under on itself coming off the paper???

And, why did you get the indy links or are you going to articulate the suspension a bit??? Just wondering Buddy!!! I'll try and keep up now and aren't you also building yet another wing thingy too??? Kids today.........

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mr Smiff,
All looking very nice indeed mate. The running gear and zim look the nuts. I built one if these a while ago and went for fruils they were hard work but looked good when done.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good Andy!
Thanks Andrew, it's such a nice kit that you just wanna keep pressing on!!:thumb2:
You gotta admit, it’s the ‘muck’ that sets it aside!!! There you go, making me talk technical again!! :smiling2: ;):upside:
HA!!... Don't worry Doug....I don't normally do techmic....tekni...teckna...... Clever, stuff anyway!;)
Afternoon Mr. Smiff,

Well, I finally caught up with your Tigger II build and have to say.........That's lookin' pretty damn good Andy!!! There are a couple of things I would like to know. Did you have any trouble applying the decal Zimmerit, such as it trying to fold under on itself coming off the paper???

And, why did you get the indy links or are you going to articulate the suspension a bit??? Just wondering Buddy!!! I'll try and keep up now and aren't you also building yet another wing thingy too??? Kids today.........

Prost
Allen
Allen,Allen... Allen...if you look back to the beginning of the thread you'll see exactly why I bought a replacement for the kit supplied rubber band tracks, one of em is terribly warped...also,as I'll be cutting a couple of the side plates away,the sag that these links offer is very welcome :thumb2:,
The Zim stuff has been very user friendly so far mate, haven't experienced that happening :nerd:
As for the Wingy thing,yep,my Beaufort is still ongoing.... Still masking up some clear bits before priming... then there'll be an update on that one too :tongue-out:
Mr Smiff,
All looking very nice indeed mate. The running gear and zim look the nuts. I built one if these a while ago and went for fruils they were hard work but looked good when done.
Hi Scottie,(Dawg!),
Thanks mate,Fruils are definitely hard work,but do,as you say,look excellent once done.There's also the price factor.... the cost of these Tamiya ones was reasonable,the Fruils price was.... eye watering!!:dizzy:

Last edited:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Buddy, I thought you were going to try them out first. As an aside, you could pin them straight to a sheet of wood, sprinkle them with some Oregano, smear some BBQ sauce all over them and bake them in the oven, at a low temp for about 20 minutes. If it doesn't straighten them out Andy, at least you'll have a snack to eat while you assemble the indy links!!!...Just sayin'.............

Prost
Allen

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
All good here Andy, the hull & wheels are looking good. The indy link tracks are always better than rubber bands, especially when they are warped!

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
The wheelie stuff is all together and painted up,just needs Matt varnish and some "Muck",(just for you Doug;)).......
View attachment 489302
View attachment 489303
Now then......
View attachment 489304
:astonished:.....
View attachment 489305
6 of those sprues,90 links per side...see you in a couple weeks!!;):tears-of-joy:.... To be fair, there's no clean up required,and the detail is excellent:thumb2:.Ill be getting stuck into them this afternoon.....
Erm, this may sound strange even deviated. But I enjoyed doing the tracks on the Chally, even if I did but a couple of the links upside down!!!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Top work Mr Smiffff, she’s looking flippin gawjus :smiling4:
Thanks very much Si, I've gotta pull out all the stops on this one to get it past muster for Rach!!:tears-of-joy:
All good here Andy, the hull & wheels are looking good. The indy link tracks are always better than rubber bands, especially when they are warped!
Cheers Graeme, yep,a big improvement.... especially considering the state of that warped track!;)
Erm, this may sound strange even deviated. But I enjoyed doing the tracks on the Chally, even if I did but a couple of the links upside down!!!
Hi Doug,glad to hear it! As for the "upside down" links.... one word...
.... MUD!!:tears-of-joy:

Well,at last....the Metal barrel has arrived :thumb2:......
IMG20230827104458.jpg
... and very nice it is too:cool: As you can see,it also comes with half a dozen shells....
IMG20230827104518.jpg
....also very nice :smiling3: . Not sure what I'll do with them,but the plan is to put the Tiger on a little base,so I might incorporate them into that somehow ;).
Until this evening then......

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Love birds in the garden.. cats try and kill them...
...trying to feed feed hedgehogs in the garden... Cats snaffle their food..
... Try to keep a nice garden.. cats crap on it everywhere...
Please, SOMEONE,tell me what the attraction of having a cat is?!!
It's the knowledge that somewhere, someone is stepping out into their garden all dressed to the nines and stepping into the parcel your cat has left them.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Yeah,I see that Jakko... Because Dog owners are held responsible for what their hound does...
... whereas a cat,and their "owner" seem to be immune to any responsibility... :astonished:
Listen it was not me under the lamp post three streets away with the woman from the chippy - its all lies I tell you.... Well my dog does it.....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Andy,
Just had a catch up on your build.
You are forgiven for the zimmerit, the stick on stuff looks good, did I miss the maker?
The wheels are really good and the finish of the mud behind them sets them off.
Looking forward to more.
There was a report on YT that there has been a Tiger II found rusting away.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
Just had a catch up on your build.
You are forgiven for the zimmerit, the stick on stuff looks good, did I miss the maker?
The wheels are really good and the finish of the mud behind them sets them off.
Looking forward to more.
There was a report on YT that there has been a Tiger II found rusting away.
Thanks Mike,the Zimmerit is from Tamiya's "Detail up Parts set" range,it's very easy to apply, you just need a VERY sharp blade.The instructions for placement to the kit parts are superbly done too :thumb2:.
I'll have a look for that You Tube clip :smiling3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just had a really good catch up Andy. It's looking very good. Could well fulfill your wish for it to be you best. Mr Cock Up is being kept at bay. That zimm looks very good. Is a like 3D decals where the advice I've seen is to reinforce the glue with PVA??

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just had a really good catch up Andy. It's looking very good. Could well fulfill your wish for it to be you best. Mr Cock Up is being kept at bay. That zimm looks very good. Is a like 3D decals where the advice I've seen is to reinforce the glue with PVA??
Thanks Jim. :smiling3:
The Zimmerit doesn't need any additional treatment, it has a very efficient self adhesive, just peel it from the backing paper and apply..... it's very satisfying stuff to use actually. :cool:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK then,I ain't gonna lie..
... those individual links are VERY time consuming,but not exactly taxing!!
I thought I'd get both sides done tonight,but no,this took some fettling!....
IMG20230827185857.jpg
.. and it's STILL not sorted!!:disappointed2:,but it's getting there..
... Started chopping up the side skirts, with one of the best purchases I've ever made,....
IMG_20230827_191136.jpg
.. it's well under way now...
So then,the rest... tomorrow :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Those Tiger IIs always look better with a side skirt missing :smiling3: You’ll probably want to remove the last rib you left on the front section, though: those were part of the skirt piece behind it, in reality just a slightly raised edge to fit over the section in front.