The tidy up !

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not one for being tidy when working , I prefer to clean up at the end of a job, it was the same at work .
Today a start was made, I did my usual fall asleep after lunch , but late pm a start was made .Tomorrow Christine is planning to take charge and clean the other side where the completed builds are kept .

Not found any modeling bits yet, but did find a pack of files !
IMG_20230112_173622497.jpg
Bench cleaned .Below the top cover has been removed, only use this when cutting foam board and measuring.
IMG_20230112_170013674.jpg
Tidied up the tool rack , and left hand side of bench.
Tomorrow as said , the other side under instruction from the Boss .

Attachments

• IMG_20230112_173631215.jpg
    IMG_20230112_173631215.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 26

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OMG!!!......PM in the morn Brother...............
Yes indeed, Matron is on standby to help if needed .look fwd to the mail :thumb2:
Still a way to go but a good start. :smiling: :thumb2::hugging-face:
Why thank you Sir, a long way from your high standard, but tomorrow with being under instruction from Christine I can guarantee a much higher finish .:nerd:
Just notice the right hand open shelf is in need of a tidy , the wire and cable container is over flowing !.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Going well John, but are you sure you have enough pliers there? You’ve even got some that look a bit like fencing pliers……

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Going well John, but are you sure you have enough pliers there? You’ve even got some that look a bit like fencing pliers……
Hi Tim, ha , yes bought some , then do as you do needed a different jaw which was smooth. There's a good mix of tools, some should be in the other tool shed but some how have found their way in here .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Should have taken a “before” picture as well, really :smiling3:

Also, what is that strange hammer-cutter-thing?

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
When I was working, my desk(s) were always covered with drawings, engine components, verniers, magnifying glasses etc. The engineering director used to moan & bitch about it being messy.
" Tidy desk, tidy mind " he used to say. at first I just ignored him, but he said it virtually every time he came into my office. Finally I had enough & started to reply " empty desk, empty mind ". He never appreciated this ( He's been production manager before being promoted ), he wasn't used to independent thinkers, and a design department is full of independent thinkers
Dave

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It raises an interesting question!

John's workspace looks fabulous now that he's tidied up but what kind of a shambles do we normally work in?

I tend to keep things reasonably tidy as I go along, but that's because if I don't I start losing things, sticking things to my chair, the neighbour's cat etc.

This is my workspace as it was about five minutes ago. I promise that I just stuck my head in and took a snap, no prior tidying up. It's as I left it when I came in for lunch.

space.jpg

Who else dares?

Edit: The light machine oil is nothing to do with model making, it's for the bass drum pedal just barely visible behind the compressor. Squeaky pedal = bad!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That’s AFTER the tidy up……Ay Caramba……..
YES Tim before that it was like a bomb had hit it an even jen had a job tryin to make it look neat which in my opinion was a failure but i darent tell her that i just said oh thank you my love an kept me trap shut lol
chrisb

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Interesting comments '
Jakko my before shot has been seen many times before, but I didn't want to shock Jim that much. Needless to say it was worse than Pauls, which I think is my kind of bench.
Should have taken a “before” picture as well, really :smiling3:

Also, what is that strange hammer-cutter-thing?
You've seen the bench now the rest

2022.jpg2022_3.jpg
At this point tidy, but not for long I'm sure.

Like Dave Ward and many others when I work its messy but constructive !