The tidy up !

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
WELLL THIS is my work bench after jens had a tidy up an now i cant find any thing Aaaaaaccchhhhh
Bloody hell Chris, where do you actually do the building? On your lap? :smiling3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Bloody hell Chris, where do you actually do the building? On your lap? :smiling3:
HI Steve yes the bench is a bit crowded an jen says i should move some of the stuff off the bench but you know that the stuff i move will proberly be the things i will need to use so im now build on the model table where
tigers rear end sits so again a little crowded pic below an yes an old pic as ive had space probs for yrs on my bench
chrisb IMG_5186.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
As a stalwart member of the UBC i’m shocked at the disgustingly tidy state of your bench john , the club hopes this is just a momentary rush of blood to the head and normal chaotic service will be resumed as soon as possible
Regards Stig of the dump

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
As a stalwart member of the UBC i’m shocked at the disgustingly tidy state of your bench john , the club hopes this is just a momentary rush of blood to the head and normal chaotic service will be resumed as soon as possible
Regards Stig of the dump
HI Tony :thinking:he'll soon revert back to bein in a big mess just like me it wont stay tidy for long i think J/R is secretly tryin to get into that TBY CLUB of Jim's by doin a tidy up as he has treid before if i remember rightly lol;) :rolling: :smiling2:
chrisb another member of the rabble an of the UTBC club

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
One thing that always amuses me with these photos. No matter how big a bench is two thing strike me. a) they are never big enough. b). the actual building part takes place in an area the size of a sheet of A4.
I am no better myself:
20230114_111233.jpg
Large L shaped bench for the build area. Small bench with pull out for the messy stuff Computer bord that 'just takes up room' soon got filled with stuff!

20230114_111248.jpg
And it all comes down to, in my case an A3 mat space!

20230114_111258.jpg
Yes there is an extractor. Also a window and a door! Oh there is my new (noisy) compressor. Works great though and is tiny!

20230114_111309.jpg Had this for sale on Market place. No interest. Would make a great paint table being glass but its 10 cm to wide and 5 to deep. so would hit the radiator and the feed pipe.

And no its not blood on the tissue. Testing red paints... lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Ian you are right about the bench an the modeling area an im the same an TBH i can never work out where all the tools an such come from as i must have about six of everything they just seem to appear as really i dont need all this stuff but if i was to chuck some out then i bet its what i will need its weird
chrisb

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
I love to see other people's work spaces.

Here's mine. Another left-hander with a small space in a very small bedroom. I was told to make it demountable in case anybody comes to stay so its part of an IKEA headboard on a homemade frame which is attached to a batten on the wall with magnets. North-facing window to my right. This is it looking tidy....

20230114_103641.jpg

More works in progress on the pull-out bed behind me. There's just about room for my chair in between...

20230114_103703.jpg

Most of my paints and supplies are in one half of the wardrobe....

20230114_103717.jpg

All airbrushing is carried out in one corner of my workshop at the bottom of the garden. Here's that area looking as tidy as it gets....

20230114_105104.jpg

Nick.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Dear Sirs
I have recently received quite a number of complains about this thread from members of the TBC (Tidy Bench Club UK). One member actually suffered a cardiac arrest having viewed the bench of one Rick, AKA Mini Me. Thankfully the member in question has now fully recovered and the therapy is helping him over the shock although his wife informs me that his performance in bed is not as vigorous as it was before the unfortunate viewing.
It is totally unacceptable and, as I have already demonstrated, downright dangerous, to allow images such as these to go out to be publicly viewed without a warning. Children and those of a nervous disposition can so easily be offended and damaged by such images. Some people of a weak character may actually be persuaded that benches, such as those photographed, are normal. They may even allow their own standards to lapse and in such cases could be fined or even expelled from the TBC.
In light of the issues you have created by your disregard for the sensibilities of our members please cease all publication of these highly offensive photographs immediately. If this is not done I will instruct our lawyers, Messrs Conemm and Skewem, to start proceedings against you.
Yours
Major Archibald Looney (ret) MA Calcutta (failed)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
HI Tony :thinking:he'll soon revert back to bein in a big mess just like me it wont stay tidy for long i think J/R is secretly tryin to get into that TBY CLUB of Jim's by doin a tidy up as he has treid before if i remember rightly lol;) :rolling: :smiling2:
chrisb another member of the rabble an of the UTBC club
Many times I've had to pay the heavy joining fee only to be rejected.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm a "southpaw" as well.......not surprised to hear there are several on the forum. Us "artsy fartsy" types do tend to herd up! ;)