Three 120mm Vignettes for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Glad you like him Richard. Yes, the Pub Rock edition was great - Brinsley Schwarz, Ducks Delux, Dr Feelgood (from Canvey Island, a haunt of my childhood). etc etc.

Greg - You are just too kind.

OK, the base:

100_2412.JPG100_2414.JPG100_2415.JPG100_2416.JPG

Some of you may remember an earlier incarnation of this on the site that can't be mentioned. I dug it out of the loft this afternoon (boy, it was hot up there!), and attacked it with the Krycell to give a 'first snow' look. The idea is that some of the squad have decided to break up their profiles by part wearing white clothing, the rest are still to be convinced that it will settle.

This was the only base I had that was big enough to take 6-7 figures, and as it is, it may have to go straight back into storage due to lack of space.

A slightly better shot:

100_2417.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter .
That change of head certainly is better, on the ........ ........site I do remember this, do hope you keep it,cit will look good with the mix of uniforms.

Watch a program some years ago on the Canvey Island blues scene, including a great interview with Wilko Johnson.
Supprisingly he has survive pancreatic cancer , refusing all treatment in 2013 . Released a new album recently .
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers John - I'll find somewhere for it.

Wilko Johnson did have an operation for pancreatic cancer in 2014, though the prognosis was poor. He's now cancer free, bless him.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Didn't think he would have lasted that long with out some intervention, what a character !

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Hot enough for you all?

Phew, no AB work as its too hot for throwing paint today.

Very nice base, I do remember it, I guess we forget the scale of the figures, the base must be a foot square?

Great start with the latest figure, Even if you don't like the original heads, they still look good, though I can see why this one "feels" better with this figure.

The head tilt suggests some movement in the static figure

Hope its not too bad for a little painting?

I shall just have to stick some plastic together on my day off!

Have a good day and keep those paints wet

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

John - :thumb2:

Morning Steve - Sure is hot, isn't it? I try and start early in this weather then stop around midday when the sun comes round to the back of the house. The base is just over a foot in length along the longest sides, so pretty big for me.

Hope you have a good day off and manage to get some modelling done.

D

Deleted member 6559

I couldn't resist fixing the figures completed so far to the base - the space in the middle will accommodate the last figure. I did a bit of weathering on the last two figures, then married them all to the base by adding Krycell winter camo paint to the boots.

100_2422.JPG100_2423.JPG100_2424.JPG100_2425.JPG

The last photo includes a 1/35 figure for scale. Sorry about the ropey pictures - this may be a hard one to photograph.

First Name
Andrew
Looking really great Peter! That guy at the back looks like someone to avoid! (Miserable fascist!)
I've just back read and found that he is an old one. I thought he was familiar. You don't forget a face like that!
Andy B

Last edited:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Fabuloso Mr D.
Really am.impressed with the vignette.Real cold and grumpy looking bunch.of retrobates.The groundworks really well done.The fallschirmjagers very nice too really bonnie.Be time to sort you some more stuff soon.Another pandoras box of delights.
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter,
As the sun has shown the end to painting for to day, nice to see a change of weather. Love the guy on the right, looks most unimpressed with things.
Another triumph . Well done .
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Great face.
Very clever idea to stick real fur onto the collar! :smiling5:
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Andy - You've always commented on Mr Grumpy! Hope all's well with you, and that the house is getting sorted.

Richard -Glad you like what I've done with this. I will do the other 1/35 figures at some stage, eyesight permitting. And I think you've been far too generous already....

John - Just about beat the sun today and got the last one done.

Jim - :thumb2:.

So here is the last one:

100_2426.JPG100_2429.JPG

Must admit I cheated here and used some pre-painted equipment from the recycling box - couldn't face painting more.

Now to stick him on the base...

D

Deleted member 6559

OK, 'tis done:100_2430.JPG100_2436 (1).JPG100_2437.JPG100_2439.JPG100_2441.JPG100_2443.JPG

I didn't end up with three vignettes as planned, but this and a couple of single figures. However, it does take up about the same amount of space (some cabinet reviewing in order).

Many thanks again to Richard for the figures. This has been a fun and enjoyable project, despite the ups and downs (which are par for the course after all).

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

What a full and resounding finish with your scenario, it could certainly be a centre spread in Signal 1945.

Desperate and determined to fight off the red tide.

Very well done all round Peter.

Time for a break from field grey?

Too hot to do much at the moment but seek the shade and indulge in ice cream!

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Glad you like it Steve.

Yes, probably will have a break from field grey. I have some busts in the stash..............

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Morning Peter
Superb as always. Would not like to meet the guy on the far right.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Jim. The bloke on the far right has just been assigned sniping duty in a particularly cold and rat-infested ruined building....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
WOW! A fantastic base to complement a stunning group of figures. Was the poster AM or did you print it off yourself?.
I am concerned that the German at the back with white trousers thinks he should be front and centre. He will need to be moved or he may shoot you:smiling3: