Three 120mm Vignettes for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
First Name
Andrew
Sorry to read that you binned the guy with camo. I liked it!? The new one looks really good too. I will log on tomorrow to see if he's still here? I hope so!
Andy

Reactions: JR

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thats the ticket Peter.He looks stunning.I think the head was an old Kirin one given to me by Stefan herdermertens.Think Mike Good sculpted them.
Love the head.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Andy - Well, as I said, it just wasn't working out and I was hating doing it. I promise this one is safe....

Richard - It's a great head. There are a couple of similar ones in the stash that look as good.

I also decided to make up his companion:

0443-3.jpg100_2379.JPG

This was another complete figure, so not too many changes except for a new head (another Kirin one?). He'll be resting the MP40 on his shoulder rather than a panzerfaust, as I want this to be Russia c.1943. I'll probably paint the uniform field grey as well (this is supposed to be fun after all).

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Peter .
Glad you bounced back. Let's see how good you make this one look :thumb2:
John .

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Andy - Well, as I said, it just wasn't working out and I was hating doing it. I promise this one is safe....

Richard - It's a great head. There are a couple of

This was another complete figure, so not too many changes except for a new head (another Kirin one?). He'll be resting the MP40 on his shoulder rather than a panzerfaust, as I want this to be Russia c.1943. I'll probably paint the uniform field grey as well (this is supposed to be fun after all).
Think this chaps head comes from the Verlinden.Waffen ss grenadier ardennes figure.I could be wrong.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Still got the mojo.

Steve - Yes it does - just Googled it:thumb2:.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning John,

Can I presume you are still doing the winter figure whose head has been painted on page 4 along with the above PanzerJager with an Mp 40 swop for a Panzerfaust?

Its been a busy week at work and my head is already mashed!

The winter officer's face has loads of character and does look stressed and cold.

Hope you have a good day with the brushes

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Yes, still doing the officer. Just thought I'd build the panzerjager in the meantime.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really nice Peter.Love the Mousey grey winter suit.Think you enjoyed this one as i think it shows in the painting.
Excellent buddy.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Yes, thoroughly enjoyed this one. Relief to get something finished as well.

Guy - Glad you like him. Many thanks.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Peter .
As expected ! Stunning work on the " drapery " . That back ground colour is a good choice .
John.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Super finish Peter

It really is a complete change from the large slabs of flat field grey on the VolkGrenadier's great coat.

It must have been fun to paint, and getting another figure finished too.

Have a good day with the brushes, its nearly the weekend.

Regards

Steve H

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
That is superb even by your own high standards. As you say the folds and creases have allowed your skills to really shine.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks very much chaps - much appreciated. As Steve says, comparison does show the problem with the greatcoat on the figure above.

I'm now down to five figures out of the original eight. I scrapped the feldgendarme and officer figure, and carved up the Dragon figure for spares. A couple will be left as singles, and the rest will be made into an Eastern Front vignette. I'm considering using these three figures from the cabinet:

100_2389.JPG

We have a machine gunner and two snipers, one with Vampyr night gear. As you can see there is some variance of uniform (a first snow scenario?), which will help lift the other two figures. I also have this Verlinden schutze to do:

Verlinden-987-German-SS-Schütze.jpg

He's wearing the special SS parka, so might be useful in adding a point of interest. That will make six figures in total. They are a mix of SS and Heer, but perhaps it could be a scratch force of remnants about to be sent out on patrol?

Anyway, the wife has gone to a hippy health spa for the weekend, my son and I have booked the TV for Saturday night's back to back Guitar Heroes (on Yesterday), and the brushes are calling....

D

Deleted member 6559

On with the panzergrenadier. I painted the first head, but decided that it looked a bit odd:

100_2392.JPG

I opted instead for the head from Tamiya's great-coated machine gunner kit, with a Dragon helmet.100_2390.JPG

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Just had a bit of a catch up and it's all goin on here! Well it seems you are having the usual ups and downs but the work you have kept is really good. I am amazed your head isn't spinning with all these figures on the go, modifictions etc:smiling3:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

A weekend of male bonding and "air Guitar", throw in some brush work and it sounds like you have found nirvana.

Great work on both heads, the 1st does look really sad, "lost a pound and found a penny" as my gran used to say!

Hope you have plenty of Ralgex for the sore shoulders tomorrow?

Have a good one

regards

Steve H

Reactions: JR