Tonys Korpak 1/72 polikarpov po2 L

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Bit more done today . Time to sort the rigging - I started with the rudder and elevator cables , then did the two cross pieces in front of the windscreen. These were done now as once the top wing goes on it would have been more tricky. Another two jobs before the wing is fitted is de masking the canopy , which came out looking pretty good considering what it looked like at the start , and painting the anti slip walkways on the wings. IMG_3591.jpegIMG_3592.jpegIMG_3593.jpegIMG_3595.jpeg
Next it was on with the top wing. I glued the wing to the cabane struts with CA and let it set . Then I sprung in the main struts and secured them , again with CA . While I was letting this all cure thoroughly I made the sprung tensioning cables that hold the skis at the right angle during landing using 5 amp fuse wire .
The remaining rigging was then fitted and the glue marks touched up . Its just about there now , only needing the engine fitting and a few last minute bits like nav lights etc. IMG_3596.jpegIMG_3597.jpegIMG_3598.jpegIMG_3599.jpegIMG_3600.jpegIMG_3601.jpeg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry Tony I missed nearly all of this great build, and its Russian ! Love the colour and that rigging frightens the life out of my just looking at it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Got this finished today ( in time too for a change) . The engine was fitted and the final parts to be added were the two anti flutter/ vibration rods that sit across the wing bracing . Im very happy with how its turned out , considering what a rough old dog it looked at the start , thanks to all who’ve been watching and thanks to Ian for suggesting it .Heres a few pics to round off the build log , I’ll put a load more on a completed thread . Cheers tonyIMG_3603.jpegIMG_3605.jpegIMG_3606.jpegIMG_3608.jpeg

Last edited:

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Came in late on this Tony. Just had a look through all the build info. Incredible job on a small model.