Trumpeter 1/32 scale Me-262

W

Willi262

Finally got started on my birthday present from 2 years ago.

Progress is slow at the moment. Learning a few new things as I go along. For starters, the molding process was not as great on this kit. A little more trimming and filing before permanently setting the parts together. Good thing I learned not to start applying glue until I am ready to commit to assembly or else this would be a really big mess.

Pics to follow shortly...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice to see you starting something Steve.

Si:smiling3:

W

Willi262

I have trouble making decisions these days and one of the hold ups was that I could not fix a style to build it as. What I mean is, as you may know, the kit has clear parts for the engine cowlings, to show the viewer the Junkers Jumo 004-b turbojets inside. I have finally made my choice to use the clear parts. If not, I was going to leave out the majority of the engine bits, because nobody would ever see them. But in so doing, that will alter my paint scheme for it, as the engines will not be painted in cammo stripes. Instead, I am arranging it so that it's more like 'factory floor'. And the engines themselves are rather detailed, requiring a lot of special painting. It's a fairly straightforward project, the most of it is paint.

W

Willi262

I also thought about adding extras, such as, wiring, for the instrument panel and/or the fuel lines underneath. But again, almost never in sight. No extras, not really, just going out of box here. I want to save some time now.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I also thought about adding extras, such as, wiring, for the instrument panel and/or the fuel lines underneath. But again, almost never in sight. No extras, not really, just going out of box here. I want to save some time now.
Looking at your avatar,you appear to have grown a lot of facial hair Steve !.

W

Willi262

\ said:
Looking at your avatar,you appear to have grown a lot of facial hair Steve !.
And I sleep a lot more too, for some reason...

D

dubster72

Can't wait to see some pictures Steve -I've heard a lot of good things about this kit.

I can't stretch to the cost of one, so I'll probably do a 1/48 Hobbyboss at some point.

W

Willi262

I buggered up the right engine somehow. Hopefully once it's inside it won't be so visible. Minor mistake, but enough to annoy me.

So far we have the cockpit and nose bay area with cannons assembled. Also includes gun camera and film reservoir. Even though nobody will see them. Have the left engine assembled and the cowling in place. Have the right engine assembled but no cowling on yet. Painting continues on the wing undersides and tailplane. Soon to come will be the internal electronics, radar, oxygen bottles and master gyro compass (all of which will be hard to see once the fuselage halves are attached), but will be included 'just because'. Not much will be done on Saturday, but maybe soon...

W

Willi262

The perfectionist part of me could not allow the wonky engine to go in as it was. I worked at it until I pulled the damaged or twisted section out and will rebuild it properly.

D

dubster72

Are we going to see any pictures Steve? I'm running out of imagination here! :P

W

Willi262

Soon. Very soon. I don't want to flood the website with redundant pictures, so I am trying to be selective on which shots I use.

W

Willi262

I did one thing that was not standard with the kit. I glued a piece of actual leather on the seat back, to make it more 'life-like'.

T

treyzx10r

Thats looking awesome! Love what you've done with the engines! Office is looking great too!

W

Willi262

And the crazy thing is, I can identify every control, indicator, lever and switch in the cockpit. I have a copy of flight simulator X and bought an Me-262 model to go with it. I think by now if I actually wanted to, I could fly the real thing...

W

Willi262

Several major sub-assemblies have been completed. wings, engine pods, main landing gear fairing doors attached. Fuselage halves ready to go together. Radar, electronics, oxygen bottles and master gyro compass ready to go. Should be fully complete by, Sat. Maybe. I've said things like that before and...

W

Willi262

We have the wings, engine pods, and fairing doors. Next is all the aft equipment, the radar unit, oxygen bottles and master gyro compass. Next is 35th scale Major Walter Nowotony next to the 32 scale cockpit of the jet that I am building for him. next is a seat back shot of the cockpit, hopefully showing the crinkly leather pattern that I was going for. I may need more glue soon, my tubes are running low...

View attachment 101292

View attachment 101293

View attachment 101294

View attachment 101295

IMGP1299.JPG

IMGP1300.JPG

IMGP1301.JPG

IMGP1302.JPG