Trumpeter 1/32 scale Me-262

W

Willi262

I've decided not to secure the gun bay access doors. If you want to look inside, just take them off. Same with the cockpit canopy. Not glued in place and if you want to look inside, just remove it. Otherwise, it's supposed to be a static display piece, that is, nobody fussing with it. Not my best decal work either, and some of the underside will be left 'un-decaled'. I just wanted it 'done' and put the box away, that corner is very cluttered.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Nice camo scheme. I see you finished it in Walter Nowotny's 262 of JG 7 fighter group. I like the tail as well. That looks fantastic.

John

W

Willi262

the purists out there will hate me, I'm sure, but for what it's worth the paint guide calls for:

RLM-81 "Brown violet" --I went with tamiya color XF-62 "Olive drab"

RLM-82 "Light green" --I went with tamiya color XF-65 "Field grey"

underside was supposed to be RLM-76 "Light blue" -- I went with modelmasters (oil based) "Duck egg blue", overlaid on the tail with stripes of tamiya color XF-53 "Neutral grey" Yellow stripes were supposed to be Mr Color "orange yellow", I went with modelmasters "Insignia yellow". For all the other underside color was tamiya XF-22 "RLM grey". The aft equipment I painted in XF-60 "dark yellow" and "semi-gloss black" to improve visibility, as well as some old copper paint I found that even after all this time was still viable. The cockpit is painted in XF-63 "German grey" But I went with "dark yellow" again on the seatbelts instead of tan, and flat brown on the seat back. The actual leather bit I used was black originally, I had to paint it the brown tint that the manual calls for. Overall I am fairly happy with this purchase, and would recommend it to others.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
the purists out there will hate me, I'm sure, but for what it's worth the paint guide calls for:
RLM-81 "Brown violet" --I went with tamiya color XF-62 "Olive drab"

RLM-82 "Light green" --I went with tamiya color XF-65 "Field grey"

underside was supposed to be RLM-76 "Light blue" -- I went with modelmasters (oil based) "Duck egg blue", overlaid on the tail with stripes of tamiya color XF-53 "Neutral grey" Yellow stripes were supposed to be Mr Color "orange yellow", I went with modelmasters "Insignia yellow". For all the other underside color was tamiya XF-22 "RLM grey". The aft equipment I painted in XF-60 "dark yellow" and "semi-gloss black" to improve visibility, as well as some old copper paint I found that even after all this time was still viable. The cockpit is painted in XF-63 "German grey" But I went with "dark yellow" again on the seatbelts instead of tan, and flat brown on the seat back. The actual leather bit I used was black originally, I had to paint it the brown tint that the manual calls for. Overall I am fairly happy with this purchase, and would recommend it to others.
Have you tried using the Gunze acqueous range? They have the exact RLM colours and they spray great. Alternatively for brush painting, I would recommend the vallejo RLM colours. These work great as they don't need colour conversion like you did.

John