Trumpeter Aerosan RF-8/GAZ-98 X2

T

tommy1drop

Hi all, thought I`d pull these two from the stash and get them built, they are the Trumpeter Aerosan RF-8/GAZ-98, I`ve had them for a while now just sitting in the stash, so I thought it would be nice to get them built and displayed on a small setting with lots of snow ;)

Will keep updates on the builds along with some piccies:D

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I love these tommy - an aero engined sledge with a machine gun on the front, I mean whats not to like!!! looking forward to seeing the builds, cheers tony

T

tommy1drop

Thanks lads, glad to have you all along:smiling3:

Hi Mike there are figures, but un-fortunately they are all seated, and not as they look on the box art, I think I am going to have to get myself some new figures for the setting I have in mind ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Seen a few of these built, a strange machine that is for sure. Look forward to seeing your builds and the scenery.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
now this i am definatly going to watch cos i have the same kit and am planning on doing it next year sometime

T

tommy1drop

Hi Paul I hope I can do them justice mate, and glad to have you along:smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
now this i am definatly going to watch cos i have the same kit and am planning on doing it next year sometime
Saving them for the group build... ;)

\ said:
I`ve had them for a while now just sitting in the stash, so I thought it would be nice to get them built and displayed on a small setting with lots of snow ;)
Sledge race!!! Yaaaaaa

D

dubster72

I'd like to see those two, whizzing over the snow Tommy, kinda in mid-leap over a snowdrift!

T

tommy1drop

Started the build on the first Aerosan, firstly I started the build on the engine, this went together fairly quickly and easily as there is not a lot of parts for this, secondly the main body was assembled again this went together easily as there is only 3 main parts for the body, the fit is well with no issues(yet)

I`ve decided to build it in sections and paint it as I go along, main colour is white with new wood for the interior(I think this is right) :rolleyes: will update as I go along;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
strange machine looking ,but interesting will be watching this one Tommy to see what you come up with, ;)