WRC New Zealand 2003.."Er, control, we have a problem!"

1275GT

Best place for a 206 if you ask me !!! Great build, as usual Ron, even without the silicone :smiling3:

Cheers, Neil

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
http://rockandrollmyths.wordpress.com/chapter-1-rock-and-roll-behaviour/roll-into-swimming-pool/
Cheers for the info. Joe........I don't recall it one bit - then again the 60s-early 70s was that time of my life when I didn't remember much in any case.....I didn't even realise I had to eat!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh wow that would be neat and funny you could always have him crashing into a bus :confused: with his drinking pal Mr reed :rolleyes:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Ian, because of the awful decals, what started out as a serious bit of work ended up a sort of 'fun build' If you follow....

Cheers,

Ron

D

Deleted member 3568

I think it's brilliant use of everyday stuff, I am new to dios and this Site so to see things like pizza boxes an the like being used to such great effect is very inspirational great work

First Name
rob
hi ron..its an old story that keith moon drove his brand new rolls royce into a swimming pool while on a brandy and cocaine binge just for a laugh. i bought a 1.25 roller all set for the dio. i still need to figure out the water issue. i might try a clear resin i can get from work but i know through past experience that it melts the paintwork. as the car will be modelled with just its front going in the water. i need to somehow protect it from the resin. gonna test clingfilm?

First Name
barry
Great Ron where did you get that idea from (not something you have done

i hope ).

T

treyzx10r

Ron thats fabulous,really nice to see you back and having a bit of fun !

B

Bunkerbarge

My apologies Ron I missed this the first time around. I think you have a very rare talent of not just being a great modeller who can turn household objects into scale replicas but an amazing creative eye for a diorama. This is a perfect example and what a cracker of an idea, beautifully executed and put together.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Just got back from a w/end away and am playing catch-up. I didn't expect to see this rising from the depths (some pun eh?)

Thanks Richard for your excellent post.

Also, I wish to apologise to all you good people who commented before him and I didn't reply to. No excuses, sorry.....

Ron

B

Biggie

Simply awesome dio! Like the idea of using real water and other "home" materials. Works magic.

Take care,

Rok