WW1 trench scene.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
very nice work so far ,Ralph,show a lot of deep to him,and well as the high lite,
a great start,liking the look, of him, ;)

do you leach out some of the oil first ,to help with the drying time,?
Thanks for the nice comments Monica. :smiling3:

Yes I do let the oil stand to leach out some of the oil.How long depends on the oil colour I'm using.

I put so little oil on the figure that it will be touch dry in about 24 to 48 hours,again depending on the oil colour.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Looking forward to seeing more of this amazing build doing a cracking job so far bud
Thanks for the kind comments John. :smiling3:

I'll probably start on the base tomorrow.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Ralph,

thats the same as I,do ,let it stand for some time,and just have it wet ,so its still able to be blended, ;)

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Dirty, Dirty oils - only cause I cant get on with them :mad:, seem to be getting their albeit slowly with acrylics - main disadvantage though is they dry very quick, so you have to work fast with blending

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Nice shading on the creases and buttons ( very subtle but effective )
Regards

Robert
Thanks Robert for the kind comment.

F

Fenlander

Again, beautifully blended weathering on the coat. Never like to see just mud painted on, that's not how it works in real life. It gets into the fabric and changes the colour and you have reproduced that very well Ralph.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Again, beautifully blended weathering on the coat. Never like to see just mud painted on, that's not how it works in real life. It gets into the fabric and changes the colour and you have reproduced that very well Ralph.
Thanks for the kind words Graham. :smiling3:

I don't tend to weather figure's too much,but thought these figure's do need it.

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Friends.

Started work on the trench section.I've used the kit parts but have added some extra planking(scribed plastic)at both sides. Still a good bit of work to do on this yet.

DSCF2311.JPG

DSCF2313.JPG

DSCF2314.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great looking progress Ralph. Your figure painting is a pleasure to see, as the others have said that coat looks awesome.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
liking your progress so far on this ,the,blended weathering on the coat,looks great,very well done,

and nice start with all the gear a well,enjoy seeing this all start to take shape, ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Great looking progress Ralph. Your figure painting is a pleasure to see, as the others have said that coat looks awesome.
Thanks for the nice words Joe,glad you like it. :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
liking your progress so far on this ,the,blended weathering on the coat,looks great,very well done,
and nice start with all the gear a well,enjoy seeing this all start to take shape, ;)
Thanks for the kind comments Monica. :smiling3:

Still a good bit to go yet..

0ne48thtel

As there are no chairs left I shall settle on the dog shelf and watch this one. Nice work so far Ralph I like many struggle with figure painting.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
As there are no chairs left I shall settle on the dog shelf and watch this one. Nice work so far Ralph I like many struggle with figure painting.
Thanks for the kind words Terry.

I guess the dog shelf is better than the dog house;)