YRBM 20 Brown water navy

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Gents.... today color of the water is the one l like... the pontoons recieved the tires... now final weatherings, gloss varnish and ropes for the boats.....and it will be the end... A67FD9B2-02EF-4553-86B7-77F6E2394815.jpegA5A3AF3E-2F41-49E6-AAB9-349BF5242EBB.jpegB80EA8C2-FD76-4A41-98C8-A4BF8D94F58B.jpeg9A48121D-89EC-4635-AB9C-C778B0DEF6E4.jpegF06ED5AC-A77C-4506-8D18-AC330DF97A6F.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

Superb job Greg ! You should be very proud of your creation ! Very well done! Regards Danny

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Thank you Dan really appriciate...l'm very happy how it came out.... still a couple of details and l'll call it done after one year...

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Greg,
Amazing work putting this together....I don’t think I could of kept interested for that long! There’s not a single thing I don’t like....hope you’ll do lots of pictures once everything is done:thumb2:
Si

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Greg,
That is a stunning build, it has been a pleasure to watch you add detail after detail and see it all come together. A mahooosive well done.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Thanks Si and Scottie it's not the final reveal yet... but i'm very pleased with the outcome...:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greg .
Sorry for not commenting for some time :anguished::disappointed:

Fantastic modelling, it's been a pleasure to see this grow over the time. Watching the buildings, the detail on the deck, all of it . Certainly think the water is good , like the "muddy " look. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

John

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
GENTLEMEN....
These final 72 hours were very intense.... the eagerness to finish the diorama was massive but the time to let everything dry was bigger and more important... So l went super zen to let everything go with the flow... before i reveal the final pictures of the build I would like to do a couple of things.

FIRST
I would like to thank my wife for all the support and the enthusiasm she gave me to continue the build day by day.

SECOND
I would like to thank all of YOU.... you were a huge support... knowing that l was posting and YOU would like, appreciate and give advice, was a big contributor to all this.

THIRD
I would like to give a moment of our time to the guys that inspired me this diorama.... remember them... remember that for some of those guys using all that equipment was not always fun....

AGAIN THANK ALL OF YOU
ALLEN DEWIRE, JOHN RACE, PAUL, PETER LOW, SCOTTIE, SI, DAN, PETER DAY, STEVE JONES, STEVE BRODY, JON HEPTONSTALL, WOTAN, WOUTER, MICK, GUY, MIKE C, GAVIN, RICHARD, DAVE...and all the others that i have forgot... (sorry about that)...

NOW with no futher due...
I PRESENT TO YOU.... " REPAIRS AT THE PONTOON"
A Diorama of the YRBM 20 "DELTA HILTON" of the BROWN WATER NAVY
............................................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................................

PICS WILL FOLLOW IN 30 minutes sorry about this delay

D

Deleted member 6559

Just brilliant Greg. Totally convincing. The natural sunlight makes it even more so. I've thoroughly enjoyed following this build - the level of modelling skill shown has been truly awesome.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Greg,

its been awhile since I checked in on this beauty of a build..and WOW is this one a great work of art...love the details, painting, figures etc... keep it coming

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Greg,

Freakin' Fantastic work Sir!!! I don't know what else to say. A whole lot of work and a masterpiece to show for that hard work. I'll just sit back and drink it all in...

Prost auf Dich!!!
Allen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've posted on the finished job, so it'll be great to do it all again on this thread.
Greg, it's been a pleasure to watch this come to fruition.

A truly superb build stuffed full with things to see and admire.

Very well done that man!

Ron