Zvezda 1/35th T.34 1941/42 "Ekhranami".

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi all.
Trying hard to reignite my flagging mojo.Was having a quick read of a Euro modelismo book on "Tanks in Russia" Volume 2.Saw an interesting T34 with applique armour added on the turret sides.They used the old Tamiya T34 76 kit but i got this beast from e.bay cheap last year.The tracks are in 2 pieces and grey colour.So seeing how they fair when i get to them.The book has some templates to make the turret armour which is a help.But i shall see how they fit on this kit.
Richard.20240124_144446.jpg20240124_143114.jpg1889484186_T-34Egorkyturretarmour.jpg.91c8b8f46defe0a10b0aced460bb37fc.jpg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Go for it! Simple kits are good for getting back into the flow, if you ask me :smiling3:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well done Rich go for it the Zvezda stuff is ok you might have to do a little extra cleaning and fettling but that keeps it intresting, your kit in your time dont make yourself feel committed just because you've shown us ,none of us know what it is that switches the switch but this build could well be the one. Dave

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Yes indeed Jakko.I will give it a good go.and try and finish something for once.Now that would be a first.
Rich

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very interesting…..will have to try and keep an eye on this
Thanks for dropping by Si.Will give it a good go.My scratchbuilding isnt great so.the turret armour will be a round of foul words as i make a hash of it.
Rich

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Well done Rich go for it the Zvezda stuff is ok you might have to do a little extra cleaning and fettling but that keeps it intresting, your kit in your time dont make yourself feel committed just because you've shown us ,none of us know what it is that switches the switch but this build could well be the one. Dave
Thanks Dave mate.Im going to tackle the turret add on armour first to get that out the way.Will tackle it tommorow i think.I just want to get something done and finished.
Hope your builds are going ok.
Rich

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Of course I'm in :nerd:;):smiling2: what's not to like about a T34 !
Looks fine to me like the others say Rich.
Press on in your own time mate.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Of course I'm in :nerd:;):smiling2: what's not to like about a T34 !
Looks fine to me like the others say Rich.
Press on in your own time mate.
Howdy John.
Yes im enjoying doing this beast.Will try and get the rest of the kit together next week.Determined to finish this one.Far too many stalled builds.
Thanks matey.
Rich

Reactions: JR

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi guys.
Well lets say todays progress on this one was challenging and thats being polite.The hull was built up in sections and i got everything square.When it was time to mate the upper hull to lower hull well a nice gap on glacis plate that needed a shim of plasticard.But wow the tracks.Absolute bstards to do.Ive done a few vinyl tracks in past and these had 2 joins on each run of tracks.Heated them together and the pins were tiny and yes when i mated them on to the wheels yes they broke.I was pd offf bigggg time.So thought bugger it stapler out and superglued the tracks on the roadwheels to get some slag.It nearly got thrown across the room but i calmed down.Put some Fleetwood Mac on and thought nope ive done the turret armour and the front glacis armour plate.
Glad its together and just about sane.Rather do the old Tamiya T34 kits.Old but i like them.
Rich.

Attachments

• 20240131_181701.jpg
    20240131_181701.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240131_181715.jpg
    20240131_181715.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240131_181707.jpg
    20240131_181707.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 8

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hi guys.
Well lets say todays progress on this one was challenging and thats being polite.The hull was built up in sections and i got everything square.When it was time to mate the upper hull to lower hull well a nice gap on glacis plate that needed a shim of plasticard.But wow the tracks.Absolute bstards to do.Ive done a few vinyl tracks in past and these had 2 joins on each run of tracks.Heated them together and the pins were tiny and yes when i mated them on to the wheels yes they broke.I was pd offf bigggg time.So thought bugger it stapler out and superglued the tracks on the roadwheels to get some slag.It nearly got thrown across the room but i calmed down.Put some Fleetwood Mac on and thought nope ive done the turret armour and the front glacis armour plate.
Glad its together and just about sane.Rather do the old Tamiya T34 kits.Old but i like them.
Rich.
Well done Richard ,now you've had chance to sit back bet your thinking "What was all the fuss about" look how next time any like problem's your just breez it not stress over it ,plus much more satisfying than flash free no brainer stuff ,give yourself a pat on the back. Dave

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Well done Richard ,now you've had chance to sit back bet your thinking "What was all the fuss about" look how next time any like problem's your just breez it not stress over it ,plus much more satisfying than flash free no brainer stuff ,give yourself a pat on the back. Dave
Ah thanks Dave.Glad i didnt bin it.Always a way round problems most of the time.Just be great to get some paint on the beast soon.Pretty sure its a whitewash for this one.Appreciate your encouragement,Means a lot.
Cheers pal.
Richard