Zvezda 1/35th T.34 1941/42 "Ekhranami".

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Regardless of those tracks Rich (which I'm glad you didn't hurl the model ) the work you've done on the additional armour to the turret is great. Bring on the white wash.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Richard,
Just had a read through your build so far. You claim your scratchbuilding skills are not up to much, but you tackled this project which has come out fine. If the add on armour has some rough edges, so what, take a look at the real one, bet that is not all pretty and ready for the ball. Finished up with a gap on the glacis plate, was that you or the kit? I have heard some horror stories about this manufacturers products, so I would not put yourself down too much.
Tracks are tracks, under a coat of mud and dirt, who will see the join, thankfully I am a registerred coward and steer well away from vynil tracks or the link and length.
Now looking forward to the paint...
Mike.

Reactions: JR

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Regardless of those tracks Rich (which I'm glad you didn't hurl the model ) the work you've done on the additional armour to the turret is great. Bring on the white wash.
Thanks my friend.Determined to get some paint on the 34.Never ever done a whitewash so should be fun.Might try some of the "Washable white" ive seen.Or maybe hairspray thingy.
Rich

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard,
Just had a read through your build so far. You claim your scratchbuilding skills are not up to much, but you tackled this project which has come out fine. If the add on armour has some rough edges, so what, take a look at the real one, bet that is not all pretty and ready for the ball. Finished up with a gap on the glacis plate, was that you or the kit? I have heard some horror stories about this manufacturers products, so I would not put yourself down too much.
Tracks are tracks, under a coat of mud and dirt, who will see the join, thankfully I am a registerred coward and steer well away from vynil tracks or the link and length.
Now looking forward to the paint...
Mike.
Howdy Mike.
Thanks for dropping in mate.Think the gap was Zvezdas doing as the hull tub was all square and lined up.Like you said some mud or suitably placed snow on a base will hide a multitude of sins.
Appreciate the encouragement.
Rich

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rich the white wash is a great method, the countless photos on the web give plenty of thought.That WASHABLE WHITE is good, as your able to play with it once dry. Definitely stick to that.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Rich the white wash is a great method, the countless photos on the web give plenty of thought.That WASHABLE WHITE is good, as your able to play with it once dry. Definitely stick to that.
Thanks John.I shall definately get some washable white mate.Ive got to get some practice with my new cordless trigger airbrush wife boughr me last Christmas.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You cant really go wrong with white wash winter camo Rich , just decide if its in the middle of winter or in the spring when there's more rain to wash much of it off, plus the amount of marks left by crew getting in and out.

Most of all have fun .