1/24 diecast Chevy Nomad.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That looks really good indeed Andy. That masking tape tip is one to remember. Useful when masking canopies. You say it is looking toy like but I think all these extreme custom cars have the look of a "toy". The big wheels, the low stance and the chrome - just what a 10 year old would draw

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks guys, it seems you are liking it more than I am :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good to me as well Andy. Great tip on the tape as well. An improvement on my current technique of creasing and folding back…..

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks again.

I'm almost finished with this now. A quick polish up and I'll get some snaps.

The chrome paint is wearing off already in places though. Will need to find a fix for that (or just stop touching it! :smiling5: )

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks Andy very informative all the way through can only marvel at what you've achieved stunning .Dave

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you both, much appreciated.

Nice one. Like the Orange colour.
It's hard to pick up on the pictures but the black and orange both have a gold metallic flake in them, which ties the two together nicely

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry Andy,

Extremely late to the party on this. I do love an oldie and your color choice is superb Buddy!!! Great tip with the tape too, so thanks for that. I'm a scissor dummy myself.
I can't imagine spaying a model with those AB's. Thank goodness for the body being metal and your gentle trigger finger. If it was plastic, or me doing it, the model would have flown off into oblivion. Hope you find a solution to keep the chrome from wearing away...

Prost
Allen

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Allen, and those are only my baby spray guns!

The chrome is a double edged sword. I can make it more durable by adding a clearcoat /varnish (Alclad aqua gloss for this one) like I have on the bumpers, but it dulls the chrome effect a bit.