Andy T's C-47 Skytrain. Airfix, 1/72

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

That really is looking the business. You really have rattled along with this.

Far quicker than me.

Keep up the wood work.

ATB.

Andrew

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks all :smiling3:

Incredibly good! I love the color modulation.

However, I personally find the invasion stripes a bit pale. Especially compared to the other black wing markings.
I couldn't mask the wing walk areas in a way I was happy with so used the decals. Oils will fix the colour
Primer coat on the AB cleaning pot is looking very good! Some nice tonal variation..... Plane is looking pretty good too!! ;)

In all seriousness, that's a nice looking smooth coat of primer.

Great work.

Andrew
Ha, cleaning pot makes a convenient test bed. Poor thing gets covered in all sorts :smiling5:

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks again guys.

The main decals went on really well but I'm having trouble with the tiny stencils on the underside, they are silvering pretty badly. Given their size, if I can't fix them using the usual methods they'll be removed and I'll just paint in a few black lines to represent the text.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks again guys.

The main decals went on really well but I'm having trouble with the tiny stencils on the underside, they are silvering pretty badly. Given their size, if I can't fix them using the usual methods they'll be removed and I'll just paint in a few black lines to represent the text.
AH Decal probs there Andy yes i can say i know how you feel havin to remove the decal an paint them on as ive had all this on my tomcat but press on sir
an you will have a loveley model to be proud of
chrisb

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
If I had known this was in your locker I would have driven up to Sheffield with my Supra for your goodly attention!:rolling:
Judging by the pictures you did a fine job by yourself!

AH Decal probs there Andy yes i can say i know how you feel havin to remove the decal an paint them on as ive had all this on my tomcat but press on sir
an you will have a loveley model to be proud of
chrisb
Thanks Chris. These little things are sent to try us :smiling3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Judging by the pictures you did a fine job by yourself!

Thanks Chris. These little things are sent to try us :smiling3:
WELL Andy ive been more than treid an had more than my share but my tomcat is now lookin acceptable so im just gonna finish off an move on to my super hornet an in this one i will use the decals that come with the kit an no after market ones as how can you tell how old they are as i dont know
chrisb

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks guys.

Slippery fish! :tears-of-joy:

An overall wash is always the most feared part of any build for me. It usually turns into a destruction derby, and this time was no different, losing the antenna mount on the tail and one of the elevators

1000008639.jpg

Nothing a dab of cement can't fix :smiling3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH Andy that Dac looks great but this is not critisum of your fanstaic build but i think if you had made it with the big door open an a parra ready to drop near the door it would look real wow but still brilliant build sir but get that elevator back on
chrisb

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
An overall wash is always the most feared part of any build for me. It usually turns into a destruction derby, and this time was no different, losing the antenna mount on the tail and one of the elevators
Is this a solvent-based wash? I largely stopped using those (mixed from paint and white spirit) when I noticed things like wing mirrors and other bits with small attachment surfaces just dropping off the model soon after I put the wash on.

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Is this a solvent-based wash?
No, but I have had similar issues to you in the past with enamel or oil washes.

This was a water based clay wash but the damage was caused by me being clumsy & heavy handed. No one to blame but myself :smiling3: