Boatmans Super Tomcat F14D Build

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That photo with your hand shows the size of this build well Chris.
Building an extention for it ? ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That photo with your hand shows the size of this build well Chris.
Building an extention for it ? ;)
HI John yes it is a big model an im enjoyin the build but could not do anything today as had sis in law over an then freinds turned up so a wasted day oh dear as i planned to finish them engines off but will have a go tomorrow

• Sad
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
At least your not making the tea still for all these guests Chris.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
At least your not making the tea still for all these guests Chris.
OH yes i am John that job always gets pushed onto me as while jen entertains the guests an introduce her sister to them but nice to have freinds come an one of them has been helping me on my laptop so thats usefull while im tea boy lol
HOPE BOTH are well
chris an jen

• Wow
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OH yes i am John that job always gets pushed onto me as while jen entertains the guests an introduce her sister to them but nice to have freinds come an one of them has been helping me on my laptop so thats usefull while im tea boy lol
HOPE BOTH are well
chris an jen
That's kind of them Chris .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just caught up on your mamouth build, when it is finished and on display and you turn on all those lights you will scare the pants off people.... :cool:
HI Mike thanks but why it will scare the pants off people i cant imgine but they may need sunglasses lol an thanks for lookin in on the build
cheers mike
ATB mate
That's kind of them Chris .
YES it is John as my laptop has been crashin several times this week but its better now since that chap had a look at it
ATB BOTH
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HELLO Chaps well still workin on the big cats engines an hopefully i think ive finished them an i know copper colour on the engines pipes an such may not look right but i see someone else paint them this colour an it was a hit with me so ive had go when paint dry to try an fit them in the fusalarge a then see if its possible to cut out opening hatches so they can be seen but it may not be possible but i'll have a good try but im only goin to do a cut out on the show port side an now a couple of pics IMG_8992.JPGIMG_8993.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very neatly done Chris, good luck with cutting the opening.
THANKS Garry yes im pleased with how the engines now look an they are spurrein me on to try the idea of havin a opening engine cover so today im goin to lay out the lower half of the fusalarge an lay in the just the port side engine an see where the cut out for the openin cover will be an if possible see if i can cut it out an fit in two mini hinges for open an closein covers but how i will cut it out still remains to be seen
ATB Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
...and me! So what if it isn't the REAL colour - it's your model and it looks the business :thumb2:
THANKS John yes i think the copper colour of the pipes an mainchery sets the engines off as ive looked at the real engines an they are just grey so when looked at these bits hardley show so if im goin to all the trouble to try an show off the engines they may as well be a colour that can be seen but i havnt done today what i hoped for on the cat as jen said its too nice an sunny an warm lets get out sunbathin so thats my day gone an no doubt it will be rainy tomorrow then i can have a go on the cat to do what i planned for today a cheers John for stoppin an havin a look as this will really get intresting when i wire up all the light an such goin to be a real challenge that is
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
well the challenge is now starting on the cats engines fittment an hopefully opening engine cover but doin a lot of thinkin ahead before i cut out the engine cover an here just havin a look first to see where the engines will be on the bottom half of the fuselage IMG_8994.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here ive just taped the bottom fusealarge covers in place to see if the enngines will fit how i want them too an so far loookin at it its lookin promiseing an trumpy must have thought someone would be crazy enough to try an fit opening enigine covers an they have fitted a cut nearly right through the engine cover so should be a lot easyier for me to do the cut but im in two minds on this cover as if i fit hinges at the top an let the cover hinge upwards then i think the engine will hadly be seen due to the cover bend so i may fit the hinges at the bottom an let the cover hang down that way the engine will be seen more easy WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?
ChrisbIMG_8997.JPG

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Not visited much Chris, so missing a treat. The engine looks the real business. Keep it coming my friend