Boatmans Super Tomcat F14D Build

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looks great no Chris, in spite of all the problems you had.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looks great no Chris, in spite of all the problems you had.
Pete
THANKS Pete but i hope the hornet wont be so bother some as startin on that tomorrow an i'll be bringin the big cat down to her restin show place near all them mirriors an the small 1/48 planes will go upstairs on their own shelf when i put it up
cheers an hope you like her as i thought this would turn out a dissater but ive managed to save her as a decent model after all that hard work
ATB
chrisb

D

Deleted member 6598

Not bad at all, especially considering all the trouble you had at just about every step. The lights were very much worth the effort, IMHO.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Not bad at all, especially considering all the trouble you had at just about every step. The lights were very much worth the effort, IMHO.
HI Jakko yes she just scrapes through as im tryin to stick to what i said that ive never binned a model an i dont intend to start now but it was touch an go there for a time but wont ever buy this kit again but she has a lot goin for her as i said to Pete above im a bit dissappionted in the hornet kit as not much detail on it but ive got some plans worked out to make her better that just a trumppy kit an its smaller an easyier to work on an dint the s=hornet have a gatlin gun ?

ATB SIR
chrisb

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Loving the lights!

Well done Chris - that came out very well indeed - well worth all the effort you had to put into it!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Loving the lights!

Well done Chris - that came out very well indeed - well worth all the effort you had to put into it!
CHEERS Arnie yes im pleased with the lights sets the model off an brings it to like IMOP AN i have forgen to fit the pilot in the front seat but will stick him in tomorrow
ATB
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Not my area of expertise, but according to Wikipedia the F/A-18C and D (and so presumably the A and B as well) had an M61A1 Vulcan cannon like your Tomcat, while the F-18E and F have an M61A2. I doubt the two guns differ very much in 1:32 scale.
HI G/M Jakko many thanks for the info on the gun i think i'll buy a book on the super hornet an have a study hopefully with some pics in it as i want to do on the kit like have on the tomcat which trumpy havint suppleid as i have the 18F VERSHION
have a good day sir
ATB
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You've turned this pig into a gem Chris, nice work mate
AN HI Joe yes she has turned out better than i thought after doin a bit of touchin up but i thought dissater when those decals went south
cheers for lookin in sir
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice indeed Chris, well done mate.
AN CHEERS Garry yes im now pleased with it after all the probs just hope that i dont inherit any more on that super hornet but again will be a challange
thanks for lookin in on the build
ATB
Chrisb