Boatmans Super Tomcat F14D Build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI again guys well that ole stubbon streak has arose in me as lookin at the model with a bit of touchin up an fitting all the rest of the decals which i have done this morn an now she looks acceppatble not brlliant but acepptable so i will do more work on her may not fit them missles though but i will see on that but just been lookin at the model an too me i am back to likein it so maybe i was makin a mountain out of a molehill an there is a web address on them bloomin decals so i think i'll drop them an email an see if i get a reply
but as Barry said on his bombcat he said well it looks like a tomcat even with its faults but to me it is a tomcat may not be like the real plane but wil leave it at that A TOMCAT IT IS so will finsh it off an light it up
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
well guys i treid to email that company that made my crap decals but ive got to jion an login so hardly worth it to just complain as i wont be buyin any more of their decals

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Take a break Chris, sometimes it's better to pause, take a deep breath and regroup.
ATB mate
Garry
THANKS Garry for your kind words but now ive tidyed the cat up its lookin a lot better thank goodness an i really want to just finish it
CHEERS SIR
atb chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I hate it when decals start falling apart, it's such a pain to deal with. Looks like you're getting there though Chris!
AN HI Arnie yes when this decal prob starts there is not a lot to be done as when id painted the tails in yellow an black im sort of comitted to havin to use these decals for the plane but at least i still had some part of them decals an lucky i had the right paints to touch up them decals as i had to do this as i have put in far to much work on the plane to just dump it in the bin
THANKS Arnie for stoppin an havin a look see an your post as its you guys who post that keeps me goin well done an thanks
ATB
chris an jen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, that’s a shame that the decals are falling apart… I really liked the skull on the tail… Chin up and keep it coming
AN HI Joe yes these decals playin up how they have was nearly the nail in the coffin for me but with jens help as she said we can put them right as possible so as i had the shakes lol i dint feel like i could paint them decals to look fairly good but jen was hold my wrist so with a fine paint brush away we went touchin up them decals an now with near all the decals on as jen said to me it looks acceptable an she is right boy oh boy what would i do with out her as she doent beleive in givin up wow what a SWMBO i got an she is a decade younger than me so she has still got plenty of mojo which im running short of lol p/s AN YES I LOVED THAT BIG SKULL AN BONES sets the plane off an i would have thought that they would have split but no i think i was lucky there on them
AN TO YOU JOE cheers for lookin in as its you guys an jen keeepin me goin many thanks sir an goin to paint up them missiles today to try an fininsh this build
chris an jen

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
AN HI Arnie yes when this decal prob starts there is not a lot to be done as when id painted the tails in yellow an black im sort of comitted to havin to use these decals for the plane but at least i still had some part of them decals an lucky i had the right paints to touch up them decals as i had to do this as i have put in far to much work on the plane to just dump it in the bin
THANKS Arnie for stoppin an havin a look see an your post as its you guys who post that keeps me goin well done an thanks
ATB
chris an jen

No worries Chris, you're welcome!

Stick with it, I'm sure it'll be worth it when you're done.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN thinkin of that skull an bones im sure i see on a utube vid that shows in their sqr crew room that they actulay have a skull an bones in a glass case oh wow an that makes the planes look very sinister havin that on the tails wow
chrisb