Brian's 1/48 Dkm u-Boat Type Viic U-552 Take 2

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
In the ultrasonic bath as we speak the paint was lifecolor German U-boat set 2 not the easiest to clean and a 1/3 of a cup gone off, just totally forgot lol
I've just got an ultrasonic bath myself. What do you use as a cleaner, water or the dedicated solvent for the paint?
Cheers
N

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
A bit of a cock up!! decided to thin the UA607 LifeColor paint and used Mr Surfacer..........WRONG ended up with a full pot of goo yes I know I should have tested it but hey! and John hasn't anymore in stock.
Apart from the fact I can't seem to find the single pot of UA607 (for less than the cost of a full set) I will have to pay £19 for a new paint set :sad:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Bri cant wait to see this sub all togeather but how have you done the eletrics for the lights are they on a plug system that plugs into each seckion of the sub so you only have one main plug feed like i did on my tomcat ? or will you have several eletric feeds to each section for the lights ?
chrisb

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
A single feed to each section all connected externally to a block connector ------> to a remote 3v power supply as it will be behind glass/Perspex and while I'm at it I'll do the same to the millennium falcon :smiling3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Bri get a case made for it know it will cost but i think its worth it to show such a good model off
chrisb

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
£189 If you say it fast It doesn't hurt, so......over half the cost of the model, too much!!

Last edited: