Neil's Italeri 1/35 LCVP Landing Craft

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
WOW Ensign Merryweather!!! That is some mighty fine scratchy, scrapy, rusty, and chippy you have accomplished there!!! It looks the part for sure and at the rate and skill you're going, you might even get promoted too...

I've never tried the hairspray method, but you seem to have had good success with it Neil. I also bet you hair stays perfectly in place now on those windy days too!!! A really great job, my friend...

Prost
Allen

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
WOW Ensign Merryweather!!! That is some mighty fine scratchy, scrapy, rusty, and chippy you have accomplished there!!! It looks the part for sure and at the rate and skill you're going, you might even get promoted too...

I've never tried the hairspray method, but you seem to have had good success with it Neil. I also bet you hair stays perfectly in place now on those windy days too!!! A really great job, my friend...

Prost
Allen

Oh come on Allen! Surely Neil doesn't waste a perfectly good chipping medium by putting it on his hair! That's gotta be as bad as putting Klear on the floor!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Today has been a day for the last bit of bling, in the form of two .30 cal Brownings. The Eduard set provides a flat sheet of perforated PE to bend and a tiny ring for the barrel, but I was having none of that, thank you very much!

IMG_20240704_141219385.jpg

I bought a pair of lovely turned brass ones from Master-models , shown here with the, admittedly very poor, Italeri offering.

IMG_20240704_181138724.jpg

I was a bit nervous of all the etch, to the extent that I sourced a 3D-printed version for if it all went horribly wrong. It's not up to @scottie3158 's or @Scratchbuilder 's standards, no chains or padlocks or locking pins or any of that malarkey, but I am happy enough.

IMG_20240705_150828413.jpg

I’m keeping the components separate for painting, and there’s an ammo box as well but that’s another colour again(green)
So I’ll paint these bits and that will be the landing craft finished, and next up will be either the crew or the CITF (Crap In The Front)
Cheers chaps
Neil