First Name
Paul
SPECTACULAR looking…details are Incredible
Thanks Joe glad you approve.
Amazing work!
cheers Arnold.
Er! hold your teeth in....
No I use superglue for that.
Great idea with the magnets so that you can show the pod removed and what is under it.
Thanks Mike it works quite well .
Paul, performing magic as usual. Feeling very jealous.
John.
No magic John, just a bit of luck here and there.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The work continues. I have been adding the bar armour. It would have been nice to have PE bar armour in the kit. I do have some brass strip but I honestly couldn't be bothered to try and replace the kit offerings. The only thing I have done is to spend some time cleaning the slats up.
One thing I will say that this one wide puppy when all the extra armour is added.

DSCF4353.JPG

DSCF4354.JPG

DSCF4355.JPG

next the tow bar was detailed.

DSCF4356.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Bar armour... Too late now but you could have re-cycled the Eduard set for a Leopard 2A6M which is what the Canadians have done. The problem I find with these kits and others that include it as part of the build is that it is way too thick. I realise they have production limits and have to cater for those that cannot build etch brass, but perhaps as kit manufacturers today include all kinds of different add ons or interiors in both brass and aluminium, that cannot be seen or give you 650 different variations of one model, then the addition of a small amount of etch brass would not go amiss.
Like the latest Warrior that has come out, the slat on the kit looks like wooden slats for a garden fence....
Keep the build coming, excellent as always...

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bar armour... Too late now but you could have re-cycled the Eduard set for a Leopard 2A6M which is what the Canadians have done. The problem I find with these kits and others that include it as part of the build is that it is way too thick. I realise they have production limits and have to cater for those that cannot build etch brass, but perhaps as kit manufacturers today include all kinds of different add ons or interiors in both brass and aluminium, that cannot be seen or give you 650 different variations of one model, then the addition of a small amount of etch brass would not go amiss.
Like the latest Warrior that has come out, the slat on the kit looks like wooden slats for a garden fence....
Keep the build coming, excellent as always...
I agree mate I probably could have got that as an after market from the Leopard but didn't want to waste my money if it didn't fit. Given the tiny parts they can now mould I'm sure they can go a bit thinner on this sort of detail. but hey ho it is what it is. I do have a little bit of brass strip somewhere I might have a go at doing the bar armour on the top.